Posted By: irishmist 11RT's left and 2 chemos. - 06-08-2009 12:56 PM
Last week was the toughest week by far. O wound up getting 5 IV's tp keep me from dehydrating, had PEG tube put in and no energy. Things stabikized over the weekend and am feeling pretty good. It just so happened my bro-in-law was diagnosed last weeek with cancer of the escopogus and will have surgery today.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 11RT's left and 2 chemos. - 06-08-2009 01:03 PM
I think everyone should get a port and receive daily fluids from the 3rd week of rad thru the 3rd week post Tx. I think it should be standard all over the world.
Posted By: SandySt. Re: 11RT's left and 2 chemos. - 06-08-2009 04:18 PM
Irish:
We're on the same schedule...11 days, but I have chemo weekly (carboplatin). Hang in there!!! During chemo, I was always given 2 IV bags of fluid with my Cisplatin. You need this to protect your kidneys.

Take lots of naps. Don't worry about exercising as yet. Remember to practice swallowing no matter how difficult it is now as it will prevent problems later. If you still have salty taste buds try spagetti noodles with butter and salt. If water doesn't taste good, try Vitamin water; vitamins and little sugar.

Good Luck. Most important of all. KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. It really makes a difference!!!!! It'll soon be over, and we can heal and enjoy the remaining of the summer.

Posted By: boston Re: 11RT's left and 2 chemos. - 06-12-2009 03:03 AM
Hi:

You and my dad started treatment around the same time. He too has been dehydraded and had to be hospitilized several times. Are you throwing up a lot? My father seems fine until he gets his ensures via feeding tube and then he gets sick. How are you doing? I will pray for your recovery. Take care.

Chris
Posted By: Pat_451 Re: 11RT's left and 2 chemos. - 06-12-2009 03:26 AM
My husband has i think 9 days left on his radiation. I think he has three of the chemo's left. They had to take him off Cisplasitin because it about destroyed his kidney's. They are using Taxol and then the sister drug to Cisplastin. He seems to be doing ok with that. He is just sick. We started to use his peg tube this week full time. He has lost about 25 pounds and finally will let me use it. We are up to three cans now, I have to dilute the solution and run it is slow and use warm water that seems to best solution for him. The 25th of June is our offical last day of radiation.
Looking foward not driving so much each day for treatments.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum