Posted By: irishmist 2nd week down - 05-22-2009 01:26 PM
All things considering not a bad week, sometimes the hardest part is knowing it will get tougher. No nausea but queasy stomah, taste buds just about gone and saliva is very salty and stringy.
RT seems to be going well. MD thought lymph nodes are not as swollen. Food in take starting to be a chore. Still plan on sailing race this weekend for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. My son and greandson will be joining me.
I have a friend that is great and sends me a joke each day. It is amazing how little it takes to lift my spirits up.
Posted By: misskate Re: 2nd week down - 05-22-2009 04:05 PM
Hang in there Irish Mist!

I remember this phase- it is hard when the Docs tell you its going to be worse. I only had a bout 2 weeks total of bad days...it was at the end when they hit you with the higher doses or radiation and the cumulative effects start to kick in. I was exhausted beyond belief...then one day you turn the corner and begin to climb back to feeling like the old you.

I am so impressed that you are going sailing. Enjoy it! K
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 2nd week down - 05-22-2009 10:07 PM
Carnation Instant Breakfast VHC
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 2nd week down - 05-23-2009 12:50 AM
Irish, hang in there. Your spirit and attitude is wonderful and will help you to get thru this. Sailing sounds like so much fun. Make sure you use heavy duty sun screen, its very very important for you right now. Radiation will do alot of damage to your skin, dont let the sun make it worse.

Keep eating and drinking no matter how difficult it gets and stretch your mouth open widely several times per day. Best of luck next week. Looking forward to reading another good report from you of another week under your belt smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum