Posted By: wfc Week Two DONE - 05-15-2009 03:27 PM
Just wanting to share that I have completed my second week. The back of my arms are a little better, color wise, but still very sore from the daily shots of Ethyol in each arm. My mouth is starting to hurt and it is getting harder to swallow. I notice that if I eat very small bites I can swallow with hardly any pain. It is hard to change eating habits. I have been given "magic mouthwash" and a liquid Vicotin for pain. I tried the mouthwash and it is not too bad. {not something I want to do for a long time}
I once again want to thank all who contributed to my understanding of this "monster" that we all have been dealt. I plan to continue to work for as long as possible but at this point I do not have any date targeted.
THANKS and God bless all who are dealing with this thing!

WFC

6 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Week Two DONE - 05-16-2009 02:25 AM
I still have to use the Magic potion LOL but without it I would be in deep hot grease
Posted By: mhupe Re: Week Two DONE - 05-16-2009 03:10 AM
You well on your way, wfc.

Congratulations on getting through the first two weeks while working! That's fantastic.

As you eat slower and chew more, you may be tempted to eat less...keep trying to get those calories and fluids in...add an extra milkshake if you can. For most, it gets a little tougher to eat as the weeks progress.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum