Posted By: EzJim Appt - 03-23-2009 12:01 AM
I have an appointment with the Vascular surgeon at 9:15 AM tomorrow morning to get another CatScan for this anneurysm. He didn't repair the lower end of it because it is "strange" looking and was afraid to go near it . He just did the 2nd repair on the top pretty close to my heart. He was sweating that end too because of lack of area to operate.I guess this is where I say, here's to it. 2 Days later I see my Oncologist about the pain I am living with 24 hrs a day. That one I am sweating.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 01:38 AM
Jim

So glad to hear you have an appointment with a doc tomorrow and the oncologist in only a couple more days. So sorry you are in such pain. I wish you the best of luck with both appointments. Remember, this year is the year we both are finishing up the loose ends. Next year will be OUR year!!!!! Maybe we will both have teeth and can eat real food. The steak and lobster will be on me smile
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 11:11 AM
I am going to hold you to that Christine. No lobster here, but two filets will work or 1 tender porterhouse that weights about 24 OZ . LOL
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 11:14 AM
I wonder how many people really know what we have to go thru for all of these months or years. I bet not many , but they do sympathize with us and try to understand. They eat meals and our meals, we boil water and add to it. LOL But we have to give them credit for being there to assist and baby us .
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 01:42 PM
Heck Jim, I had what I'll call the baby version of our barbaric Tx and I can't really imagine what some of you have to endure. I stopped feeling sorry for myself about 6 months after joining this web site.
Posted By: EricS Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 03:21 PM
Good luck Jim on your appointments this week, I'm pulling for you. I think people really don't want to know about what we go through, it's easier to just bump along in their own reality and not have to think about their neighbor.

I have friends and family that know what I am going through but don't call or email me and God forbid they come and visit, it's apparently too much to bear to see a disabled, disfigured version of their old friend. Sorry maybe I'm a little bitter there.

Anyway Jim, keep your chin up soldier and good luck!

Eric
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 03:31 PM
Thank you David and Eric,, I am home from the 200 mi round trip to see the Surgeon. I don't see hima again for 6 months and then we discuss his going in thru my groin to put a stent in the lower end of that damn anneurysm. That's about the same as a Heart Cath. Sure would be better than being taken apart again. I have a weird looking scar on my left thigh from the last one and I hate to ask what they did there LOL Have a good day all.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 05:53 PM
Well Jim, that didn't satisfy me. What about the pain???
Posted By: Good1 Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 08:01 PM
Jim

Did he just check the anneurysm and how it is healing from this last surgery? In 6 months they will decide what to do about the bottom part of it that he could not get to? Why in 6 months?

Are you not going to find out anything about your pain until Weds when you see the Oncologist? I'm glad that it is not any longer than that at least.

Patty
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-23-2009 08:28 PM
THis Dr is a vascular Surgeon and did my anneurysm. He said he had to hurt my tongueduring surgery, They kind make you a zilch. They take your insides out, after they shut you down and lay them beside you so you know what they had to do 1st. Make you a Zombie.He appologized for the pain I have now but thought that maybe the pain he gave me should have let up by now.He told mt to see my Oncologist and I let him know I see him this Wed. THe 6 month wait is to give this body some resting and healing time. Wed seems very close after hurting this long. That was on Jan 21 that I had surgery.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-25-2009 03:54 PM
I posted this mornings visit with my Oncologist in general. I wasn't thinking straight yet, just digesting the Drs words.
Posted By: misskate Re: Appt - 03-25-2009 07:15 PM
Yes Jim--- its lots to take in. I hope that everything coems back negative nad this is just post surgical effects.

Thinking of you.

KATE
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-25-2009 07:50 PM
The Dr not only felt it on my tongue, but could see it as well. I shall beat it yet again.If it's there, so am I.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-26-2009 03:21 PM
Posted PSA results in general
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-27-2009 05:53 PM
I am on my way soon to pick up Fentanyl patches. I just can't take this pain anymore. I have to go to the Wheeling Hospital to his office to get them. I was told to name the pain meds I want, but geez, I told them I have percocets. He wants me to go for these. I still have 1 patch from the implants LOL I hope they do more this time than last. I was given the warning about constipation and I had better stock up on stool softners. Got those too. Wish I had BarbT here to drive.
Posted By: Good1 Re: Appt - 03-27-2009 09:18 PM
If I could I'd drive you Jim.

Patty
Posted By: EzJim Re: Appt - 03-27-2009 09:23 PM
In the car or bananas? LOL J/K you can be my designated driver
Posted By: misskate Re: Appt - 03-28-2009 04:59 PM
The Fentynl patches did WONDERS for me Jim. I could actually function pretty normally instead of being in constant pain and then taking a pain pill and being kind of sleepy and all wacked out from the side effects of percocet/ vicodin etc.
It takes a day or two to have it get into your system.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum