Posted By: suemarie Methotrexate? - 11-24-2008 12:54 AM
Neil will be starting Methotrexate tomorrow. Anybody experience side effects? If so, what were they and how bad? He's been on just about everything else and I'm sure this won't be TOO different but I'd like to hear from those who have actually had it. Thanks.

Sue
Posted By: azcallin Re: Methotrexate? - 11-24-2008 05:43 AM
i have had it in the past - remember feeling like i had the flu for a few days after each dose but not much else ,...

this link shows possible side effects
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/methotrexate-side-effects.html
Posted By: Tom Roussell Re: Methotrexate? - 11-26-2008 12:20 AM
Sue, I had Methotrexate for 4 weekly treatments in September. The easy part for me was that it was an injection and only took a few minutes rather than Cisplatin which took hours. I did have side effects after week 3. Mouth sores, fatigue,and pluersy, no vomiting and no nausea though. My reaction was considered unusual and I was taken off of it. Wikipedia has a bit to say about it and worth reading it and the links. I want to say that it is a testimony to the Strength and Love, Neil and You Share. Remarkable. Most people refuse the 2nd treatment. Can you imagine? You both have been through so many. Keep on, Keep on, It's an inspiration to everyone! Tom
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum