Posted By: Malka # 3 down - 07-11-2008 02:14 AM
Today was my last radiation for cancer # 3!!
Thanks to all here who gave me encouragement with this latest developement.
It has been a little over 5 years since I decided to have all the age appropriate examinations which started me on this adventurous medical road trip. I am thankful for my mother who by with her deep faith demonstrated that good health is really not necessary for a good life. I am grateful to all the alert and caring medical professionals I have encountered.
Now I have to decide what to do about reconstruction of my jaw. I have met with the plastic surgeon who would be doing the fibula free flap procedure and have a prostodontist who would be part of the team(I have not seen him yet). We originally thought to do it this summer but as the saying goes "man plans and G-d laughs." I am tired of scheduling my life around medical appointments and think I will not do anything until after the 1st of next year. My husband doesn't even want me to consider surgery.
Maybe I should retire to a shady spot on "the Island" for awhile. My brain and my body need a vacation.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: # 3 down - 07-11-2008 02:31 AM
Malka congratulations and enjoy your break and your vacation from treatment.

Jerry
Posted By: Nelie Re: # 3 down - 07-11-2008 01:43 PM
Malka, Congratulations on finishing the breast cancer radiation! I know whn I finished my breast cancer rad (which I started 4 months after finishing the OC rad and chemo), I was totally exhausted. I can't blame you for wanting a rest before any more medical procedures.

Pick your shady spot, conjure up a soft tropical breeze, choose your favorite food and drink and relax! I hope you get to do that in real life as well as on the island.

Nelie
Posted By: peace4uall Re: # 3 down - 07-11-2008 05:23 PM
Malka,
So Proud of you. You deserve a lot of rest and relaxation.
It's time for you to laugh for awhile.
Keeping you in my thoughts,
Debbie
Posted By: davidcpa Re: # 3 down - 07-11-2008 09:05 PM
Congrats Malka and save a sunny spot on that island for me.
Posted By: Malka Re: # 3 down - 07-11-2008 10:00 PM
Maybe it's old age or this cancer stuff is getting to me but more and more, I understand my father's answer to "What do you want? "
"Only a little peace and quiet."
Posted By: EzJim Re: # 3 down - 07-12-2008 12:54 AM
Congrats Malka and I hope to join you on that island someday.. Save am a spot by the eveing fire and a big steak to grill over it.
Posted By: sobradley Re: # 3 down - 07-12-2008 04:04 PM
Congrats on being done with radiation! I'm 2 1/2 weeks behind you and I can only imagine how good it must feel to be done! Enjoy some down time and rest up!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum