Posted By: EzJim good news - 09-04-2007 06:07 PM
Just came back from James Cancer center. Dr Ozer said he took 8 lymth nodes , not 3 , and they all came back negative. He said he can't find any cancer anywhere. I go back every 6 weeks for 4 yrs for chechup and am taking part in a cancer study for 4 or 5 yrs to help them check something out that might benefit oral cancer patients in the future. Have a great day all Jim
Posted By: Leslie B Re: good news - 09-04-2007 06:26 PM
Hey, Jim, that's great. Your case shows the importance of getting a second opinion from a center with expertise in treating oral cancer.

All the best,
Leslie
Posted By: PharmGirl Re: good news - 09-04-2007 06:47 PM
Hi Jim,

Fantastic news! I'm sure you breathed a heavy sigh of relief today.

Enjoy your week!

Joy
Posted By: wilckdds Re: good news - 09-04-2007 09:48 PM
Jim,

Thanks for sharing your GREAT news. It's wonderful that you are getting involved in the study and that your participation will help others with OC in the future.

Jerry
Posted By: JeffL Re: good news - 09-04-2007 11:20 PM
Jim -- that's great!! Dr. Ozer is my surgeon as well, and I really like him. What was your diagnosis?
Posted By: EzJim Re: good news - 09-05-2007 04:44 PM
Jeff: Dr Ozer's diagnosis was cancer of the left tongue. It has me wondering why it seems to come back quite often in patients. I hope this study helps find an answer for all of us. Jim
Posted By: EzJim Re: good news - 09-05-2007 04:48 PM
I guess I could have added the procedures Dr Ozer performed on me. He did a triple endoscopy , a partial glossectomy and a left selective neck dissection. I hope this adds something . Jim
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: good news - 09-05-2007 07:26 PM
Jim,

I am so happy for you!! Good news makes us all keep the faith and maintain hope for all who come here.

I mirror Jerry's admiration of your strength to participate in such a study. You will help many by your selfless act.

To your continued good fortune,

Mike
Posted By: minniea Re: good news - 09-05-2007 10:39 PM
Congratulations to you Jim.....makes you sleep better at night now doesn't it??

I am also participating in two studies at John Hopkins. Once a month they will take blood and one study is going to have me swish my mouth with salt and water and then they will take a swab of my mouth. The other one is to see if blood work can be an early indicator of oral cancer.

Minnie
Posted By: EzJim Re: good news - 09-06-2007 07:36 AM
Minnie. seems we are having the same work done on our visits. LOL only we left out urine sample each visit too.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum