Posted By: joerx Headaches & Jaw Pain - 09-15-2006 10:17 AM
I had my 6th dose of taxol & carbo on Monday and am
awaiting IMRT + continued Chemo starting on the 28th. My question is; did anyone suddenly develop bad primarily morning headaches, been happening all week. Also has anyone experienced severe sharp jaw pains upon 1st tastes of ANYTHING? I best describe this as biting into a real sour pickle! Durn near knocks me off my feet. Just curious

SCC base of tongue, T3N2B, Diagnosed July 26th 06
Posted By: rwarm Re: Headaches & Jaw Pain - 09-15-2006 01:03 PM
My husband didn't have chemo but had a ND and radiation. He developed the pain upon tasting food after the ND. He described the pain exactly how you are describing it. He said it just happened with the first bite and after the pain stopped he could go on and eat the rest of his food and be fine. The ENT told him it was due to nerve disturbance and would clear up. It lasted a while but eventually it did go away and he is fine now.
Posted By: Me2 Re: Headaches & Jaw Pain - 09-15-2006 01:30 PM
I have had what you describe as the jaw pains as well, and I only had a partial glossectomy and SND. I'm not sure I should say it's good to hear others have this too, but it makes me feel better to know that it's not just me! I had just chalked it up to another weird side effect from my treatment....
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum