Posted By: Erik Kleiva I think I just hit 2 year mark! - 06-08-2006 12:31 AM
I guess one would start counting from end of rad & chemo? I don't know, nor does it matter much. All I know is I have had to start watching what I eat again to maintain my young man physique I've developed over the last year & a half or so. LOL! Things are good & life is sorta back to normal as far as no fear & loathing. I take it day by day though. It's weird the things you can get used to. I just ate a bunch of that new Hagen Dass Mayan Chocolate & managed to breathe some in a couple of times & coughed like hell! Damn it was good though!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: I think I just hit 2 year mark! - 06-08-2006 01:02 AM
Hi Erik,

Congratulations. The question of when you start counting your survivorship from has been discussed here before, many times. Whether you use the date of diagnosis, the date of surgery or the date of the end of treatment, you're right...it doesn't much matter.

Many say that as soon as you find out you have cancer, you are a survivor. My personal decision has been to use the date of my surgery as I had no radiation or chemo. I think that as time goes on this will become less and less of an issue for all of us.

Again, congratulations and keep the good news coming.

Jerry
Posted By: Carol L Re: I think I just hit 2 year mark! - 06-08-2006 07:58 AM
Hi, I think my diagnosis date 5/10/02 will always stick in my mind, I had the surgery Memorial weekend 2002 and finished radiation the end of August. Grateful to be here 4 years later! SMILE! Carol
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum