Posted By: Tim Chop, Chop - 05-23-2005 04:26 PM
Well, I had my first follow-up with my radiation oncologist since radiation ended March 15. Everything looks and feels perfect!

Also, and hopefully to end the "treatment" phase, tomorrow morning at 7 am I report for my selective neck dissection. They and I both expect to find nothing but dead stuff . . . let's hope we are right!

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Tim
Posted By: VRB Re: Chop, Chop - 05-23-2005 06:11 PM
Good luck Tim.
I'm glad to hear you are feeling well and our family prays for terriffic results!
Sincerely,
Virginia
Husband Doug currently in treatment Stage IV tongue cancer
Posted By: Darrell G. Rakestraw Re: Chop, Chop - 05-23-2005 07:30 PM
Good Luck Tim, our prayers are with you.
Darrell
Posted By: Robr Re: Chop, Chop - 05-24-2005 10:10 AM
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Great job my friend. I love to hear that.
The whole SND thing is overrated. Doesnt hurt at all. They wont find anything.

Gods speed.

Robert
Posted By: Tim Re: Chop, Chop - 05-25-2005 03:19 PM
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Not quite.

Just got home a little while ago. What had been explained to me by my surgeon as a 3 or 4 inch slice right under and along my lower mandible has turned into a ten inch gash across my entire neck! Charming! Two drains, etc.

The strange thing was (I think) that there will be no path report til Monday. Is this common? I thought the path studies came back while in the operating room. I guess I was wrong . . .

Tim
Posted By: helen.c Re: Chop, Chop - 05-25-2005 06:18 PM
Tim
My path results took 10days, more acurate than a frozen section done during the op.
Sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: hubert252 Re: Chop, Chop - 06-03-2005 09:47 AM
My husband is awaiting his third surgery with cancer at the base of the tongue. The second one took 7 hours and he was cut from one side of his neck to the other and they also did a trach. While they did the surgery they sent each section to the path department before they went on.In the end he lost half of his tongue. I'm very worried what will happen this time.

Pam
Posted By: Kris Re: Chop, Chop - 06-03-2005 11:08 AM
Tim-
Hang in there this weekend and know that we are all there waiting with you and hoping for great results! Wear your battle scar with pride and know you are a survivor! The first thing we did at the Las Vagas reunion was compare battle scars! Welcome to the club! - Kris
Posted By: Marica Re: Chop, Chop - 06-03-2005 07:23 PM
Pam
I won`t tell you not to worry because that would be impossible.
You need to ask his surgeon what he is planning on doing and what results your hubby can expect. I am sure he can answer any questions you might have.

In the meantime please know we are sending lots of positive vibes to you and your family.
Take care
Marica
Posted By: Tim Re: Chop, Chop - 06-03-2005 07:36 PM
Thanks all . . .the surgery went off without a hitch, path report came back perfect and the staples were taken out today! Other than having a pretty unsightly 10 inch long scar right now, all is well!

Tim
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum