Posted By: tracey waiting for the aliens - 02-22-2005 08:00 PM
had my first radiation treatment today. now i know how those people kidnapped by aliens must feel!!!dont get mad just trying to keep it light!! laugh laugh
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-22-2005 09:12 PM
What type of radiation are you receiving Tracy?
Each journey starts with the first step.You are on your way!!! Hoping the radiation side effects are light and you have a full recovery.

Best Wishes, Danny Boy
Posted By: tracey Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-22-2005 11:18 PM
having imrt with chemo. chemo starts thursday. hoping a positive attitude and a sense of humor makes it easier!! thanks for your hope dan!
Posted By: aussieh Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-23-2005 12:02 AM
I love your sense of humour, Tracey! I couldn't agree more with you regarding the positive attitude. Makes each day a little easier for you and those around.

Looking forward to hear how you are progressing, you go girl.

Love and light from Helen
Posted By: R Kenneth Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-23-2005 11:26 PM
Tracey,

I made the rad techs crank up the classic rock during treatment. (I used to be an FM DJ, back when classic rock was new.) Music and a sense of humor were the only things that kept me going as the treatments entered double digits. Be strong!

By the way, I thought I'd been kidnapped by aliens when I woke up in ICU the first time. I guess we've all been there, done that... smile

Ken
Posted By: Erik Kleiva Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-24-2005 03:48 AM
I had some pretty weird dreams when I would dose off during IMRT. Maybe the aliens we're monitoring the situation!! Just keep your sense of humor as long as you can. It will serve you well!
Posted By: Cathy G Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-24-2005 08:54 AM
The aliens who deposited me in the ICU post-surgery had a radio going that seemed to be constantly playing "Wind Beneath My Wings" (it was big back then). To this day, anytime I happen to hear that, it brings back some really odd and painful memories.

Cathy
Posted By: minky Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-24-2005 03:00 PM
Hee! Way 2 go Tracey. I pretty much viewed my whole process as some expensive new age spa treatment. The surgeon was the hairdresser, rad dr. the tanning salon operator & chemo dr. as the bartender. Some of those mid-80
Posted By: helen.c Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-24-2005 05:04 PM
The aliens in the uk are pretty much the same in ITU, enough pipes, wires and tubes to power the starship enterprise, and enough meds to take you to warp factor 5...
Sunshine..love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: tracey Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-25-2005 07:43 PM
thank you all for your replies i really appreciate the input. also thanks for the humor!!
Posted By: minniea Re: waiting for the aliens - 02-25-2005 11:32 PM
Cathy,
I wish I had that cool a song to bring back memories.........mine is the theme song to the Disney channels "That's so Raven" and "Lizzie McQuire". My 12 year old was always there when I woke up from my nap after radiation treatments and would have one of those shows on. They will always make me remember that time of my life.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum