Posted By: Daniel Bogan Good news - 11-29-2004 08:12 PM
Hello All,

I wanted to let you know how I'm doing. I had a chest x-ray before starting my 6th round of chemo today. The chest x-ray looked real good. No glaring spots of concern. I had the last three weeks off of chemo to let my body recover. It did! All blood numbers were fine. Scheduled a mri and a cat scan for December 29th. Scan results will determine my treatment for 2005.
The on'gist is leaning towards treatment with chemo (Taxol & Carboplatin) every other week instead of three on and one off. All in all a good day for me. After reading about the ones who lose the battle it's diffucult to enjoy
my good news. Thanks for all the support, prayers and love.

Love Ya All, Danny Boy
Posted By: aussieh Re: Good news - 11-29-2004 09:03 PM
Dear Dan

You are so positive and giving. I often wonder how you are doing and am so happy that you responding well to chemo.

Congratulate yourself, with lots of love and admiration from Helen cool
Posted By: KirkGeorgia Re: Good news - 11-29-2004 11:21 PM
Danny boy, congrats on the good news and thanks for sharing it with us. We needed some positive vibs at this point in time. Keep up the good work. Positive attitude is such a good thing in fighting this disease. Keep at it. Will continue praying for you and more good news in the future.
Posted By: karenng Re: Good news - 11-29-2004 11:25 PM
Danny,
With all the sad news that has taken place recently on the forum, your good news really cheers us up.

Well done, Danny Boy.Keep up with your fighting spirits and I look forward to more good news here.

Karen
Posted By: trvlnjak Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 12:23 AM
Great news Danny Boy,

It IS important for you to enjoy the good news. Keep it up, I hope that your good news will help lift all of our spirits.

Jack
Dx 1/15/97 SCC rt. tonsil met to rt lymph node Stg IV, Srgry 1/23/97 tonsillectomy & mod radical neck dissection, Radiation 35 trtmnts both sides
Posted By: Erik Kleiva Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 01:58 AM
Kick ass! Never give up, Dan!
Posted By: helen.c Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 05:54 AM
Danny Boy
KEEP giving us the good news it's what we all want.. FOR EVER...FOR ALL OF US...
Sunshine...love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: VickieM Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 10:16 AM
Danny Boy,

I am so excited to hear your news, we all need a little lift now and again. Keep up the fight. Thanks for all your input and inspiration. Keep inspiring us all.

VickieM
Posted By: Carol L Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 10:58 AM
Danny Boy, I am thanking Our Lord for your good news! God Bless You, definitely needed to hear some good news!! Love, Carol
Posted By: Kris Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 11:37 AM
Danny Boy,
GREAT NEWS!! Kick the beast and enjoy the holidays with your family. Love from Seattle! - Kris
Posted By: Eileen Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 02:12 PM
GREAT NEWS Danny Boy. Glad you are doing well and the treatment is working. Say hello to your family from Charlie and me and have a great holiday.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Marica Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 02:58 PM
Dear Danny
what a wonderful Thankgiving gift..you have had to deal with so much, I can`t tell you how happy I am for you. Just keep on keeping on Danny.
Cheers
Marica
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 03:15 PM
Hey Danny,
Sorry I have been traveling to MD and back for Thanksgiving and testing for Dan. So great to hear your news...may God continue to bless you and your family in healing.
Deb
Posted By: John N Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 04:08 PM
Danny Boy
Great hearing from you and thanks for sharing your progress. Keep those positive vibs going and glad to hear things are going well. Miracles do happen! The mind is a wonderful thing.
Posted By: Cathy G Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 06:34 PM
Danny,

This latest report is great news! I hope this trend continues -- and that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

Cathy
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 06:57 PM
Thanks for all the responses and good will. It really humbles me that so many members are pulling for me. (A Hayseed from Wisconsin) I have received more from all of you then I could ever repay. I will try my best though.

Love Ya All, Danny Boy
Posted By: rosie Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 07:04 PM
Danny Boy,

Jack is right! You definitely need to enjoy this good news. Yes, it is sad that others aren't as fortunate. And for awhile, I had ambivalent feelings when reading good news. I tried to be happy for others, but my sadness over Heather got in the way. But now, I think I can honestly say that although I will always mourn Heather, her loss no longer impedes my being able to feel happy when I read good news like yours. The sadness will always be there, but it is in its own place now and doesn't interfere with my happiness for others.

So........don't let sadness interfere with your happiness for yourself. You deserve this reprieve, Danny! Enjoy it! I wish you continued success in your treatments.

Love, rainbows & hugs, wink
Rosie
Posted By: Nicki Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 07:29 PM
Danny!
So wonderful!
Smile more, thank God for every bright minute and love your family like crazy! I could go no further than reading the bad news yesterday, and suffered a horrible day because of it. I am grateful to read your news, and like everyone else, encourage you to share happiness often!
Love
Nicki
Posted By: ChuckF Re: Good news - 11-30-2004 07:47 PM
Fantastic news Danny!!
Enjoy the holidays with your family

Chuck
Posted By: didier Re: Good news - 12-01-2004 07:19 AM
Danny Boy,
Glad to hear the good news. All my best,
D
Posted By: JOAN Re: Good news - 12-01-2004 09:38 AM
Keep up the good news we all could use it. You deserve to have some good news, and I hope it just keeps coming. You and your family are always in my prayers.
Posted By: digtexas Re: Good news - 12-01-2004 11:10 PM
Danny Boy,
I just learned of your good news. I am so happy for you.

Your friend,
Danny G.
Posted By: minniea Re: Good news - 12-02-2004 12:42 AM
An early Christmas present Daniel, thank you. Can't wait to see what you give all of us next year.
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: David Rex Re: Good news - 12-02-2004 06:31 PM
Danny,

Excellent! As we all fight this disease on different fronts and stages, it made my day to read that your scan was good and the positive battle continues. Your strength and attitude throughout your ordeal have made a solid cornerstone on which I can build. We don't like to hear when you are down, even though we must share the experience. But we absolutely need to hear the good results. Keep fighting!

David
Posted By: Mark Re: Good news - 12-03-2004 12:28 AM
Great news Danny!!!!
Posted By: Uptown Re: Good news - 12-03-2004 01:44 AM
Danny Boy,

I guess even a little hayseed can be planted and nurtured to grow! I am really proud to have you as a friend and I look forward to hearing more good news as often as you can dish it out. May the miracles fall in your path.

Ed
Posted By: Uptown Girl Re: Good news - 12-03-2004 10:02 PM
Yeee Haaaa! Danny Boy, I am SO happy! See? Our prayers/good vibes work. smile

We love you a bunch! Hug Marcee and tell her she's done a good job taking care of you, too!

Susan
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum