Posted By: AJ GROWTH & INFLAMMATION ON ORIGINAL SITE - 07-08-2004 03:19 AM
Had cancer 3.8 yrs ago. Re-built from arm, hip and had 4 implants. Suddenly got inflamed jaw, excessive flesh growth.Had implants removed and on anti-biotics. Biopsy not for 3 weeks; pending completion of drugs. Anyone else ever encountered similar problems so long after ?????
Posted By: Marica Re: GROWTH & INFLAMMATION ON ORIGINAL SITE - 07-08-2004 09:21 PM
Dear AJ...I am so sorry you are having this scary experience...is there no way you can give your Doc the "Giddy UP" on the biopsy? I don`t know of anyone who has had your problem but just wanted to say hang in and don`t imagine the worst...you will drive yourself nuts!
Take care
Marica
Posted By: Marica Re: GROWTH & INFLAMMATION ON ORIGINAL SITE - 07-28-2004 06:18 PM
Hello AJ..I was just wondering how things are going for you, did you get your biopsy results?
Hoping for the best for you
Marica
Posted By: AJ Re: GROWTH & INFLAMMATION ON ORIGINAL SITE - 07-29-2004 02:47 AM
Thanks for your concern and apologies at delay in replying. We took some time out in Greece to take my mind off the problem. Tuesdays results were positive in that growth is non-cancerous. I still need surgery to reduce growth so implants can be replaced, but surgeon appears confident that this solution will work, and providing I maintain a high level of oral hygiene, I should be OK.
Posted By: Uptown Re: GROWTH & INFLAMMATION ON ORIGINAL SITE - 07-29-2004 02:51 AM
AJ,

It sounds like some good news and a great time taking your mind off stuff for a while. I am glad to hear both.

Ed
Posted By: minniea Re: GROWTH & INFLAMMATION ON ORIGINAL SITE - 07-29-2004 10:48 AM
AJ, I am very happy for you! Would you mind sharing a little about your implants? How well they work, comfort, etc?
Minnie
Posted By: Marica Re: GROWTH & INFLAMMATION ON ORIGINAL SITE - 07-30-2004 03:27 PM
Congratulations AJ we like to hear good news..just keep on taking good care of these implants.
Cheers
Marica
Posted By: AJ Re: GROWTH & INFLAMMATION ON ORIGINAL SITE - 08-20-2004 01:14 PM
Had minor surgery 20th August and implants put back in. Great to be eating normal again !!

T3N1M0 lower left jaw.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum