Posted By: Daniel Bogan Treatment starts again!! - 06-18-2004 03:41 PM
Hello All,

I am starting on Chemo on Monday morning. It's a two hour procedure once a week for three weeks. A week off followed by another three weeks. Will have another scan after that to see if it;s doing any good. Wish me luck Friends.!!!!

The drugs they will be using are
1) Carboplatin
2) Taxol

A reminder to anyone who can't attend the reunion in September to please Enail or mail me a picture of you and or your family, They will be posted at the dinner on Saturdat night. I have already received about ten photos so far/

If your family is included in the picture please include their names/

Thank You, Danny Boy

Email address- [email protected]

Mailing address: Dan Bogan
Posted By: Sharon Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-18-2004 03:49 PM
Hi Dan,
I wish you tons of luck and I will be praying that the cancer just disappears.
Sharon
Posted By: Uptown Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-18-2004 04:05 PM
Danny Boy,

Thanks for the update and I will have those prayer bones aworking! I pray for God to wrap his healing hands around you and give those treating you the knowledge and guidance they need to work His miracle in you!

YBIC,

Ed
Posted By: Brett Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-18-2004 04:22 PM
Hey Dan. I had good luck with that stuff and I'm wishing the same luck for you. With the premed's they'll hang, I'm expecting that you'll just fine on the chemo. Say goodbye to your hair, though.

I'm not a religious person, so I won't make religious noises. But I'm wishing you the very best luck with this.

-Brett
Posted By: Eileen Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-18-2004 05:04 PM
Danny,

Here's hoping that this cocktail works for you. Glad you are starting treatment. Were they unable to find a clinical trial for you or are they still looking? Best of luck with this.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: aussieh Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-18-2004 06:13 PM
Good luck Dan, I believe a positive attitude helps with treatment for this disease and you certainly have that in bucketloads! Love from Helen cool
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-18-2004 09:42 PM
Hey Dan,
Glad to hear you are on your way with more treatment...by the way, Dan had the same drugs and didn't lose his hair...just a little of it fell out all over. You are always in my daily prayers for healing, and peace for you and your family during these most difficult of days.

God bless and take care,
Debbie
Posted By: minniea Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-18-2004 11:25 PM
Danny,
On Monday show everybody how it's done.
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: Carol L Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-19-2004 11:42 AM
Danny Boy, You are in my thoughts and prayers, God Bless You!!! Love, Carol
Posted By: nancyt Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-19-2004 02:58 PM
Danny,

Good luck on Monday and here's to your new chemo cocktail! Keep up the fighting spirit. I'll be thinking and praying for you.

Nancy
Posted By: helen.c Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-19-2004 04:06 PM
Danny
You know I'm with you in spirit... So keep the faith brov...
sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Judy U Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-19-2004 04:21 PM
YEA Dan! You are my hero! And maybe a bald one? I think bald is sexy......course I was alive for Yul Brynner and Kojak! cool
Love you and God bless
Judy U
Posted By: DQKCK Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-19-2004 06:01 PM
You go Dan'
My husband had the same cocktail and it did wonders he shaved his head to avoid the fall out .And for the first time in twenty years I didn't have to look at that one peice comb over deal. I will also tell you he grew back much more than he had . Now the wierd thing is he got hooked on Rod Stuart after he had his lobe out and played that Time after time songbook thing for three days and wants a hairdo like him.Whatever works. All hair aside I have a feeling this will work for you and you will be typing on this board with your many words of wisdom and kindness for many more years.
Luv Ya
Diane
Posted By: Kaber Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-19-2004 06:11 PM
Danny,

I wish you all the luck! I pray everything works out well for you and your family.
Posted By: piemetoo Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-20-2004 12:13 AM
Dan,

We are so glad you found and are going to get more treatment. We hope this will do the trick for you. You are such a positive person and an insperation for all of us. Good luck on Monday.

Shirley
Posted By: Marica Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-20-2004 08:37 PM
Just wanted to add my good wishes Dan..my hubby says to tell you. "when your Hair starts to hurt..just go ahead and shave it," thats the start of the falling out process. Besides which I am sure you will be quite the bald cutie pie.
take care
Marica
Posted By: Eileen Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-21-2004 05:51 PM
Hi Danny,

I see you are on the board now. How did treatment go today? Hope it didn't make you too sick.

Sorry to read about your brother but here's praying it is something else.

Will you take that vacation when they give you your week off or do you have to get the scans and the results that week?

Tkae care,
Eileen
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-21-2004 07:43 PM
Thanks to all who posted offering support and prayers. It sure is a pick me up to read such postings.

Please know there is no way I can express my feelings in a posting. I'd need Gary here to help me with that one!!

I hope to meet many of you in Las Vages in Sept. If you can't make it please email me a photo of you and/or your family to be posted at the dinner Sat night.

Thanks again, Danny Boy
Posted By: Lorie Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-22-2004 12:41 AM
Danny-

I'm sure with all the prayers you and your doctors are getting God will send healing powers your way. Don, my husband, received the same chemo mix...the nausea was the worst part, but hang in there...it does go away. Most of his hair fell out , but not all...a "Marine" cut worked out just fine.

You are such a blessing to everyone here on the OCF! I look forward to meeting you in Las Vegas.

Keep up the good spirits...it helps to make it through. One of the best things about chemo was we met the most amazing people...that was a blessing in and of itself. I am sure you will be a blessing to those who are fortunate enough to be in the room with you.

Lorie
Posted By: Lynn Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-22-2004 03:59 AM
Dan,

I hope and pray that the chemo that they have chosen is effective and acts as a seek and destroy missile on your cancer. I didn't start to loose my hair with that combo until day 10-14. Like someone else said, when your hair feels strange that is the falling out process. I shaved mine at that point to avoid having t clean it up too.

My prayers are with you and your family. How is everyone holding up?

Lynn
Posted By: Lynn Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-22-2004 03:59 AM
Dan,

I hope and pray that the chemo that they have chosen is effective and acts as a seek and destroy missile on your cancer. I didn't start to loose my hair with that combo until day 10-14. Like someone else said, when your hair feels strange that is the falling out process. I shaved mine at that point to avoid having t clean it up too.

My prayers are with you and your family. How is everyone holding up?

Lynn
Posted By: KirkGeorgia Re: Treatment starts again!! - 06-22-2004 05:19 PM
Danny: Sorry I didn't see this before. Been busy and not had a chance to get to the whole board. Am very pleased to see you are starting a new treatment. Hopefully it will do its job as some others mentioned and not cause too much discomfort. As always, you'll be in my prayers. The Lord works in mysterious ways and we don't always know the what and why of His work. Have faith that He has your best interests at heart and keep up your positive attitude.
Posted By: Carol in RH Re: Treatment starts again!! - 07-02-2004 03:38 PM
Dan - how is it going? How are you feeling now that you have started chemo?
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum