Posted By: brm1949 Treatment not working - 11-21-2003 06:20 PM
I hope I'm only overreacting but the tumor seems to be getting larger. I have had 4 chemo sessions
once a week with taxol and carboplatin and 11 Radiation treatments out of a scheduled 36. Has anyone else experienced the same thing. I know I have 5 more weeks of Rad but I thought some improvment would begin to show. The tumor is lymph nodes in the lower neck near collarbone.
Posted By: rosie Re: Treatment not working - 11-26-2003 01:34 PM
Hi,

Sorry no one replied to your post. It must have got buried in the pile. I hoping you have talked to your doctor since your post and he was able to set your mind at ease. I'm not sure why you think the tumor is getting larger. I'm wondering if it could just be swelling from the RAD or possibly an infection. There is a possibility the chemo "cocktail" they are using needs to be changed. There are other combinations that have been shown to be effective. If you haven't already done so, please bring up all your concerns with your doc.
Then try to relax a little and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Rainbows & hugs, wink
Rosie
Posted By: brm1949 Re: Treatment not working - 12-18-2003 03:27 PM
Well, today I started my first boost rad. 7 more to go. After 28 rad treatments the tumor can't be felt at all in my neck. Also had 7 taxol/carboplatin treatments. Hopefully they got everything and I am believing that they have. Can't wait till these final boost are done and I get scans to see what is there. The Rad has made my neck raw meat, but after reading what others have suffered I'm gratefull so far thats all that bothers me. I have dry mouth but other than that not much. This site has given me much needed support and advice. Thanks Brian for starting it. I would gladly send support but I'm on disability and have no extra funds but when things turn around I certianly will contribute.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum