Posted By: Paan Radiation help - 12-24-2019 10:32 PM
Hello again,3 weeks radiation gone 3 more to go and 2 more low dose chemo 62mg,only problem I have so far it just started severe itching around my whole neck ,radiation is for my tongue cancer this is what I have tried so far for itching ,1- miaderm seems to help for one to two hours,2-1% hydrocortisone anti itch cream same result as miaderm,3-coconut oil all seems to help for little while ,itching gets so severe I can't sleep more tha 4 hours,I would appreciate any ideas you guys can give me,thanks
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Radiation help - 12-25-2019 02:29 AM
I’m sorry you are itching!!!! That’s never pleasant. Have you told your doctors? If not, they need to be made aware of the situation before you are given another dose. You never know, it could be an allergic reaction or something else that could impact your treatments??? At least the doc can give you peace of mind!

Hydrocortisone is about all I’ve ever done for that sort of thing. Liquid benedryl may also help. Your doc may need to prescribe steroids for the most severe cases. It’s always better to get checked to rule out a serious condition.

Best wishes with everything!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum