Posted By: Stef H Rads day 30 completed - 07-25-2017 12:08 AM
Hi all,
Just an update - day 30 of rads completed today. The crew played the "Pomp and Circumstance" music and gave me a little certificate.

Side effects are in full swing - lots of sores on the left side of my tongue and mucositis. Rinsing with salt water/baking soda solutions, taking Mucinex, sleeping at a 45 degree angle, etc. Eating has slowed down but slogging through. Drinking is painful but trying to meet my minimums.

Thank you to all who responded to my many questions, shared their stories and tips, and urged me to keep going. I know these next two weeks might be especially tough but looking forward to better times.

Next steps: follow up visit in one month with nasal endoscopy to see how things are healing; assuming all is well then the next is a PET at 3 months.

Posted By: ChristineB Re: Rads day 30 completed - 07-25-2017 01:36 AM
CONGRATS!!!!

Im sure you must not be feeling very well right now. Thank you for taking the time to give us an update.

Even though rads have ended, dont hesitate to continue asking questions and posting when you need to. We're here for you every step of the way.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: cougardad62 Re: Rads day 30 completed - 07-25-2017 02:00 AM
Way to go Stef!!!!!
Posted By: WendyinGa Re: Rads day 30 completed - 07-25-2017 11:35 AM
Congratulations Stefan! I know it's hard right now. I hope you heal quickly. It's my last week. So, I know what you are going through.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Rads day 30 completed - 07-25-2017 11:57 AM
Well done, Stef! Frame the certificate! It's a real achievement to finish rads.
Posted By: bjmpittsburgh Re: Rads day 30 completed - 07-25-2017 04:01 PM
Feels good to cross that finish line!!

Get through the next few days and you should start to feel a little better as you progress through recovery. Soon this will all just be an unpleasant memory.

Good Job!
Posted By: David2 Re: Rads day 30 completed - 07-25-2017 07:15 PM
Pomp and C? A certificate? Boy, I didn't even get a handshake...

But all kidding aside, congratulations, Stef. You've done the hard work. Yes, the next few weeks will still be tough, but you're over the big hump and it will all seem like a distant memory in time. Please keep us posted on your progress, ask any and all question always (of course), and take it easy!

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum