Posted By: WendyinGa Flouride trays - 06-06-2017 03:19 AM
Hi gang, Just got my flouride trays today. They fit fine, but are they supposed to be this flimsy? They don't seem like they will last through constant use. How long do they normally last?
Posted By: sooner Re: Flouride trays - 06-06-2017 01:51 PM
My husband's looked flimsy but made it through treatment.
Posted By: WendyinGa Re: Flouride trays - 06-08-2017 01:45 AM
Thanks sooner. I was wondering.
Posted By: David2 Re: Flouride trays - 06-08-2017 07:22 PM
Hi Wendy - I got my trays when I started treatment in spring 2009. I've used them every night ever since, cleaning them with a toothbrush after each use. They've held up beautifully. I do have a suggestion though: denture cleaner. I'd noticed dark spots cropping up on the trays after awhile and was initially scrubbing them with an abrasive cleaner and sponge. But when my dental hygienist pointed out that this could damage the material I began to think about another way. Can't recall where I first read about it, but now every few weeks I soak them overnight with one denture tablet and it works like a charm.

Hope your PET scan gave good results, and best of luck with the RADs. Please visit us often, we're here to help.
Posted By: WendyinGa Re: Flouride trays - 06-10-2017 01:11 AM
Thanks David2....that tip will come in handy. It has been stressful. But I'm happy to say, that the PET came out clear! Now I'm waiting on rads to start. Thanks for asking.
Posted By: David2 Re: Flouride trays - 06-12-2017 09:46 PM
Great news on the PET, Wendy! Congrats. Hang in there for the rads. I recommend doing nothing but relaxing and eating between now and the 20th - all the foods you love and crave and as much as you want. As always, we're all here for you at any time.
Posted By: WendyinGa Re: Flouride trays - 06-16-2017 12:01 PM
Thanks, David2...and everyone. I'm a very "worry" type person, so I have been losing sleep, over getting radiation. That being said, I am wanting to get this started and over with.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum