Posted By: greg t hegler Wish me luck please !!! - 10-08-2014 12:52 PM
Well, I got 3 front teeth and 1 rear pulled yesterday prior to radiation treatments !!! Radiation should be starting next week !! I guess its down hill from here for a while !! I am trying to keep a positive attitude and know it has to go down hill for a while before I begin my up-hill journey !!! I wish everyone out there going through this journey the very best !!! Greg
Posted By: Uptown Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-08-2014 01:07 PM
Good luck, Greg! We got your back.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-08-2014 03:47 PM
Greg - I won't lie - it's horrible. Plan for the worst, expect it and rejoice when it's not that bad. 10 weeks from now you will begin to climb out of that deep deep hole very slowly - but you will do it.

Hugs...
Posted By: Liam Skye Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-09-2014 09:19 PM
Best wishes, Greg. It will help if you have folks to support you. I have my wife, who made sure I made it to rads every day and chemo/hydration a couple of times a week. We're here for you too, buddy. Keep thinking that others made it through and you will too.
Posted By: sweetpe1 Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-09-2014 10:42 PM
Hang in there Greg YOU CAN DO IT ! Days will pass quickly . I brought my mother everyday and on the last week she went twice a day. before we knew it she was half way through. Now I wont pretend it was a walk in the park by no means and it was pretty rough at the end but my mom finished and YOU CAN TO .
Good Luck
Heidi
Posted By: beermanx Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-10-2014 12:13 AM
Good luck Greg. Its a rough ride, but you will kick ass. I am 9 weeks out of treatment, and i am surprised how the time went by so fast. Remember when you put that mask on, its time to kick ass... prayers to all
Posted By: n74tg Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-10-2014 01:09 AM
hello Greg - many, many of us have gone through this ahead of you. None of us liked it, some of us hated it, but we all got through it. You will too. For the days when it's really bad, just come here and write about it. Support and a sympathetic ear we have in abundance.

hang in there, you'll do fine

Tony

Posted By: Sandy1028 Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-11-2014 09:27 AM
Hi Greg, we will go through this together. I am a caregiver, we just started Rad and Chemo this week. So far so good but we are totally prepared for the journey, I keep telling him by Thanksgiving treatments will be done and we will be on downhill run. I know it is not going to be a picnic, but we have to do what we have to do. This forum and group helps me a lot and I am sure it will help you too. I was terrified when we were diagnosed, cried for days. Thanks to educating myself and reading and communicating with these folks, I feel like we are ready to just get this done.

I will be thinking about you everyday too.

Hang in there

Hugs
Posted By: JamesD Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-11-2014 12:36 PM
Greg stay connected and use the forum for advice and encouragement. Here to assist from experience.
Posted By: OzMojo Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-12-2014 01:14 PM
Hang in there Greg.
Posted By: David2 Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-12-2014 10:01 PM
Greg, you're part of the family now and we rally around our own. You sound like a very upbeat guy and I know you'll get through it. As others have said, it's not the easiest, but you're going to do it.

Courage!
Posted By: TheHellion Re: Wish me luck please !!! - 10-13-2014 01:06 PM
Greg,

This is the beginning of a tough time, I won't lie, but you will make it -- trust these people. My ENT and RO told me I am probably the slowest healer they have ever seen but even I have managed to get largely back to normal smile -- if I can, you can.

Remember through this that now things are being done -- take a lot of strength from that. You're not waiting, you're not worrying, you're doing and you have a team of people doing them.

Good luck, stay strong and let us know how you're doing. Listen to the advice you'll see here and embrace the journey -- you'll be through this in no time!

Cheers,

The Hellion
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum