Posted By: ngk Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-25-2013 07:27 PM
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with a product called Glutasolve that is supposed to help with mouth sores and mucous. No one I've spoken too has heard of it? Asked one of the RO's (not mine he is out for a week) he has never heard of it either. My RO thinks I'm vomiting from the mucous. Just changed from bolous feeding to tube (thanks to Christine, who I should have listen to weeks ago!) and it seems to help being less nauseous too. But funny every time wake up in the morn, or even if I take a nap (I'm on an incline) I'm really very sick.
So Glutasolve....? Thanks... smile
Posted By: ngk Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-25-2013 07:27 PM
Ahhh...I meant bolous to pump....
Posted By: PaulB Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-25-2013 10:03 PM
Probably the main ingredient in this is Glutamine or L-Glutamine, and this is just a brand name out of hundreds for this product, which is used to help prevent mucocitis, repair tissue to the mucus lining, help with neuropathy, and help repair tissues, and used probably more often by weightlifters, mainly how I know of it. I don't know about it helping mucus? O took it many years ago, but recently for cancer treatment, it's ok, actually I felt not help, but everyone is different.

I just checked, and is the same brand I have, Glutasolve, plus I have another, which tastes worse.
Posted By: ngk Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-25-2013 11:53 PM
Thanks Paul...hard to decide, guess it couldn't hurt. I can put it in my tube if it tastes that bad.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-26-2013 02:52 AM
Nancy,

I used Glutasolve back in 2003. It regenerates epithelial cells from the mouth to the rear as the mucous membranes slough off dead cells. It has a somewhat neutral taste and has to be taken orally to help the mouth, throat and esophagus. It made me nauseas or I was already. It got harder and harder to drink as radiation progressed.

The mucous probably is causing the vomiting if you are on anti-emetics. Nebulizing with N-Acetylcysteine aka Mucomist would also help break the thick stuff up and help get it out as well.

Ed
Posted By: ngk Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-26-2013 04:18 AM
Hi Ed, I'm not to sure what anti emetics are. ? ?

Looks like the mucomist is a rx, so I can talk to my RO about it. I have a nebulizer bec i have asthma.
Glutasolve sounds good IF I can get it down and IF it doesn't make me nauseous and IF it works.
Guess ill think about it all...
Posted By: PaulB Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-26-2013 12:16 PM
It tastes ok, Nancy. Like flavored Gatorade. It is made by Nestle, so has to taste good lol. It was the other that I didn't like, but then again, it was unflavored, and everything tastes odd during treatment. It was MuscleParm Glutamine.
Posted By: ngk Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-26-2013 08:41 PM
: )
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-27-2013 06:04 AM
Hi Nancy,
Anti emetics are drugs used to prevent and or relieve nausea. Such as ondansetron, metaclopramide, zofran, aprepitant.
Hope all is going well.
Tammy
Posted By: ngk Re: Mucous and Glutasolve - 09-28-2013 02:58 AM
Thanks tammy, and I am haning in there. Glad to see NED for kris.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum