Posted By: Charm2017 Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 03:04 AM
Well, I am back at my CCC, awaiting an arteroigram to have a burst blood vessel embolised . I was coughing up blood and phlegm the weekend and saw my ENT today who scoped me and saw a scab near my carotoid artery and ordered an emergency admission. I got blood work , CT scan, talked to lots of residents, and waited from 11am until 9 pm for an open bed. I sent my wife home at 5 pm so she could eat and rest up. My son ran over my iPad at 10pm and he will skip his law school classes tomorrow to sit and comfort my wife during the operation. Worse part is that after listing all the terrible things that could go wrong, my wife is very worried and afraid. Even worse is that since the bleeding has stopped , then they might not see anything to fix,.
I have been vomiting the lastbtwomweeks but finally felt good.
I will be out of it tommorrow until late at night. The residents said "comforting" things like we put the catheter in your groin rather than your neck,so is there is a suddenz clot or stroke , it would just be your toes and not your brain.
Keep the faith
Charm
Posted By: misskate Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 03:10 AM
HI Charm,

so sorry to hear you are back in the hospital. I"m so glad you Dr. put you in because it looks like it was an emergency!

Please know that I am thinking of you and hoping you get to go home tomorrow.

Take Care! Kate
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 06:51 AM
Oh dear Charm. Sorry to hear this. Yes I can well imagine how scared Bev is.
However, take comfort in the thought that the team is well skilled in this procedure and I'm sure carries it out routinely on many patients each week.
I know you will be ok. Looking forward to your report in the coming days.
Tammy
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 07:46 AM
Oh my goodness, Charm! Sounds like the docs are taking good are of you and know what they are doing. Sending positive vibes and prayers for everything to go the way it's supposed to today! Get your iPad going as soon as you can after the operation and give us updates.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 11:04 AM
I know I can always count on what I like to think of as my "charmed ones" to rally round.
My ENT came at 6:45 and we cried together as I lamented how this third round has left me basically an invalid and she remembered how her husband died of the same bot cancer. She was explaining that even if the interventional radiology surgeon does not see anything to fix, she feels it is a ticking time bomb and would recommend surgery
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 11:10 AM
Charm, I noticed your absence and was concerned. I hate to always bother you or your wife when you arent around. Im so sorry you are going thru yet more issues!

Best wishes with everything!!!! Please post when you can. Your OCF family is there with you rooting you on.

Best wishes!!!!
Posted By: PaulB Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 12:33 PM
Hi Charm, kind of figured something was going on with you, and was concerned. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but sounds like you are in good hands at the hospital, and have family bedside you. Come back soon for a good argument or debate wink Take care.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear you are going through this, dear Charm. I have missed your posts this past little while. Hope you'll be back to form soon. All the very best!
Posted By: slim Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 01:20 PM
Wow Charm - this sucks! Praying that the surgeon gets this "issue" resolved and you are out of the hospital soon. It sounds like you are in good hands. Praying for you and your family. Hugs.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 01:25 PM
Hi, Charm,

I am praying for you and Bev. I am so sorry that you are in the hospital. The bleeding thing is so scary. Clark had a bleed that sent him to the ER last year and I remember how frightened we both were. Glad you are in a safe place and that you have your "A" team on it. I'll be looking for your next post when you are up to it. Rest and get well!
Posted By: EricS Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 02:21 PM
You're one of the toughest men I've ever met my friend. With you in spirit brother, keepin the faith
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 03:58 PM
Okay... enough is enough... the powers that be definitely need to give you a break. Seriously! hugs to you dear... saying a prayer, and a wish that this be your last go around with everything!! May you be able to go home and stay there in peace and enjoy your life to the fullest.

I know the surgery is scary, but tell your wife you're tough as heck and we're all pulling for you... ;o) take care.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 07:29 PM
Hi Charm,

I agree - enough is enough already! I'm praying that all goes well. Heal quickly and keep us posted. (((HUGS))) and lots of prayers coming your way!
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Back in hospital - 03-27-2013 07:43 PM
You know how I feel about you m'dear. We have been through it all - together, and I am still here and you MUST fully recover. No other options are available for you - you hear me??

Hugs and many prayers

Donna
Posted By: KP5 Re: Back in hospital - 03-28-2013 03:01 AM
Praying for you and Bev Charm. You know you are loved!!
Kathy
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Back in hospital - 03-28-2013 12:25 PM
So good to wake up this morning to find that all those posts from you, Charm. Keep up the fighting spirit but make sure you rest up to.
Posted By: Jay Jeong Re: Back in hospital - 03-28-2013 02:02 PM
Wishing you all the best & prayers go out to you and your family.

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum