Posted By: EzJim Finally - 10-04-2011 11:50 PM
I finally got the call I have been expecting. I am scheduled for surgery on Oct 25 at UPMC- Montifiore. Pittsburgh bound and a new life begins. That is yhe day I join the new jaw ones in OCF and feel more what they have gone thru. I did get back up to 150 with the feeding tube and still going for more weight.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Finally - 10-04-2011 11:59 PM
Great to hear that you now have a surgery date Jim.
150lb is 68kg which I understand better. You are doing so well and I wish you all the best for continued weight gain.
Love and {{{hugs}}}
Gabriele
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 12:00 AM
Hi, Jim,

You have really done a super job getting your weight back up. Good for you! You will be in such better shape for surgery on the 25th. Keep pumping those calories. Also, I love your positive attitude--a new life definitely! You are in my thoughts and I know you are going to do very well.

All my best-
Anita
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 01:26 AM
That's awesome!! Good luck with your surgery!!!
Posted By: msmac Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 01:36 AM
Great job with the weight gain! Your attitude is inspiring. I was feeling kind of "woe is me" today but reading your post reminded me that it feels a lot better to tackle these challenges with a positive heart and a strong will to fight. I wish I could give you a big hug. Hope your new jaw works out very well for you.
Posted By: EricS Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 03:18 AM
Jim,

You are my hero and I love you. There are a select few people in this world that I can look at and say, I'd follow their example (funny how most of those folks are right here on OCF forums) and you are one of them my friend. I've always read your posts and followed your story with an admiration...you F'n rock. Thank you for sharing your journey here and showing us an example of how to face every sh**ty hand that comes your way. You're a rock.

Keep on keepin on brotha

Eric
Posted By: julieann Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 03:48 AM
Since I already emailed my message to you tonight, you know how I feel. Just think - you'll have a nice new jaw and that old cracked one will be bye bye. We all know how tough you are, and know you'll come through this with flying colors. Wonder how many cards you'll get this time, hmmmmmm!
Big hug from julieann
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 05:27 AM
Hello Jim!

You will be in the greatest company with your friends with new jaws on the OCF forum. You know you can do everything they do...because you have been around and have seen them do it. No question, you have the strength, faith, and the attitude to get through it! And, then you will recover and be back to doing the things you enjoy.

I'll keep you in my prayers, my friend. Also, I'll blow some kisses your way and send along some hugs, too.

Sandy
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 09:00 AM
Good for you, Jim!! Glad to hear you are doing so well on the weight gain and that you have a definite date for the surgery. Keep packing on the pounds and keep us updated.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 02:59 PM
Good job on the weight gain! Keep going fatty! hehehehe just kiddin!
Good luck with the operation, I'm sure you will be back on here before that day but just in case I miss you!
Posted By: Maria Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 03:37 PM
Glad to hear you will be at fighting weight for the surgery! My doctor friends tell me that a positive attitude is very important to a successful recovery - and you have that in spades. Best wishes!
Posted By: Malka Re: Finally - 10-05-2011 04:09 PM
Jim,
Wow - at the rate you are going you should be in great shape for the surgery. Keep gettting better.

Suggestion to Brian: How about a special category for Jim - Chief of Inspiration
Posted By: EzJim Correction on date - 10-05-2011 10:01 PM
The Nurse that called me yesterday told me the 25th of Oct for surgery. She called this morning and it's the 28th of Oct. Sorry about the confusion. I loved the weather for a change today, Sunny and dry for a few days now so I mowed grass and ran the weedeater. Hope you all had nice weather too. Man how I wish I had this tube years ago. It sure is nice to put food down so easily. Christine, Eric, Charm and a few more tried to tell me it is a good thing and now I know they sure were right.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Correction on date - 10-06-2011 12:30 AM
Good luck! Glad the tibe is serving you well! If you get good nutrition you probably feel more energetic too!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum