Posted By: Caco Almost done and good news - 09-07-2011 10:07 PM
into single digit treatments! can't believe it, he is doing WELL! Has only lost 9 lbs in his 6th week. Chemo 6 of 7 was postponed due to white count and fever spikes, but his O is happy with the 200 mgs he's had so far, may do the final infusion next week, will see. he amazes me, as do the people supporting this whole process.

anyhow, the good news: his RO scoped his throat and we watched as the camera went down. BOT tumor is 80% smaller with 9 treatments to go and his lymph nodes are smooth. RO expects it to zap completely.

i'm seriously considering a career change. i can't imagine going back to my corp job as we get him through recovery. although i have no medical background, i've gained more knowledge, experience and satisfaction being with my Dad through this than anything in my career, as strange as that sounds.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Almost done and good news - 09-08-2011 12:34 PM
Cancer changes everyone it touches and sometimes in a positive way.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Almost done and good news - 09-08-2011 01:26 PM
How wonderful your Dad is doing so well!! Great to hear about your satisfaction in helping him through this as well your enthusiasm with all you've learned. You are a great caregiver and whatever career you choose to follow, I'm sure you will be great at that, too. Follow your dreams!
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Almost done and good news - 09-08-2011 04:24 PM
Hey... It is amazing how cancer though horribly negative can have a positive effect as well. smile I think you'd be a great patient advocate, nurse or health care provider ! Go for it! smile
Posted By: Maria Re: Almost done and good news - 09-08-2011 04:59 PM
Caco, great to hear the good news about your dad! Cancer certainly does reset one's priorities - your thoughts about a career change might lead to a more satisfying life for you, and a better life for those you would help. Worth a second look!
Posted By: ConnieFL Re: Almost done and good news - 09-08-2011 05:46 PM
Caco,

Wonderful news, I've been follwoing your posts. Your a good son and a great caregiver keep up the good work. Remember you helped your Dad make it through this...Congrats to you too.

Connie
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum