Posted By: victor53 freeze dried black rassberry powder? - 09-26-2008 09:00 PM
just started reading about it. It works on rats and now theres some trial on human. Just orered some from a nutri-something company but there i a farm in ohio i talked to on the phone that has a big batch being made right now that will be ready in a week or so. Might a well give it a try sounds tasty even if not a big help. I love all berries.
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: freeze dried black rassberry powder? - 09-27-2008 12:26 AM
What do they claim it does, Victor?
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: freeze dried black rassberry powder? - 09-27-2008 04:00 AM
Please search the OCF oral cancer news section. There are many articles about this in there.
Posted By: JeffL Re: freeze dried black rassberry powder? - 09-27-2008 01:50 PM
Black Raspberries are being researched at several institutions across the country, including here at the James Cancer Hospital/Solove Research Institute in Columbus. They have been found to have a high concentration of anitoxidants, and specifically, ellagic acid, which has been observed to be a cancer retardant in animals. LSU is also doing similar research.

So far, most of the work has focused on esophageal and colon cancer, thought some studies have shown an impact in oral cancer as well. As Brian said, there are several articles on the site dealing with this.

I think our own EZJim was part of a study on the impact of black raspberries on recurrence in oral cancer, but I'll let him chime in on that. ;-)

Posted By: EzJim Re: freeze dried black rassberry powder? - 09-27-2008 11:58 PM
I was in the Raspberry study at Ohio State James Cancer Center. They gave me small packs of frozen concentrated raspberries. I will say, I wish I still had some. LOL They are just like the pulled from the vine ones. I get a call once in awhile form the pretty lady that was in charge of the study. Very nice young lady.
Posted By: Gabe Re: freeze dried black rassberry powder? - 09-28-2008 12:19 AM
Hi Jim,
What do they say about old dogs smirk We have more information on pretty nice young lady than what the raspberries did for you. I guess as you are banned from any physical work at the moment you can concentrate on other thoughts laugh
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: EzJim Re: freeze dried black rassberry powder? - 09-28-2008 08:12 PM
Now Gabe, I wouldn't call a pretty lady work. LOL I wasn't allowed any lip contact but he never said anything about " work". I need some exercise big time. Sorry , but I have to be my ornery self. LOL
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum