Posted By: rubyann peg problems - 09-17-2008 03:54 AM
went to hospital on the 9th. to get my peg, didn't happen, when I wroke, the doctor said he couldn't get it in, that I moved around too much. I ask him what he was going to do next and he said nothing. When I came to, in my room my family said that he said he gave me enough stuff to put 3 people out and I still moved, my heart acted up and he stopped. No one else wanted to even try. my gp got a sureon to do it, he cut stomach open and put it in, said he had to cut more then he planned and I was in recovrey over 5 hours, I feel like a train ran over me. got out of hospital Sun. and started chemo and radiation Mon. without a picc line will get it Sun. The chemo and radiation went well, have avery dry mouth.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: peg problems - 09-17-2008 10:09 AM
Ruby

Thanks for updating your progress. I had been concerned about you. Its a shame you had such a difficult time. Hope you feel better soon. When my peg tube got put in I was pretty sore for several days. It was nice to read you had your family there with you for your procedure. If you run into any difficulties with the peg, just post here for help. Now is the time to get your water and nutrition up. Push to get up to 3000 calories per day. That will make all the difference between feeling really lousy and feeling kind of ok. Im hoping you wiz thru the treatments and keep posting along the way.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum