Posted By: John 618 MD Anderson Second Trip - 01-10-2005 04:38 PM
Just back with what I believe to be good news. First check up at MD Anderson (fourth overall, first three in Tennessee) showed concern on a "spot" revealed via CT scan. Could be "deep seated tumor" according to doc's notes. This trip's CT scan showed no such spot, so I am much relieved. I go back in three months (that is lengthed from two months previously). I had surgery in May 04, floor of mouth site, stage one, with some lymph nodes removed (failed attempt at sentinel node extraction) with all nodes negative and clean margins elsewhere. So, I am encouraged. God bless the people on this site, I find extreme courage here on every visit and it has helped me get through my experience.

John
Posted By: KirkGeorgia Re: MD Anderson Second Trip - 01-10-2005 06:22 PM
John, that is excellent news. Sounds like we were going through some of the same things at the same time. My neck dissection was done on 5/5/04. Glad to hear that a "suspicious" spot on the scan turned out to be gone on the next trip. Will pray it stays away.
Posted By: ChuckF Re: MD Anderson Second Trip - 01-10-2005 10:14 PM
John, Great news!!
You may have made my day. I go Wednesday for my followup CT, after being told in October of a small spot on my lung. Though they said "don't worry", that's been nearly impossible. I won't get my results until the 18th, but your news gives me reason to be optimistic.
Thanks.
Chuck
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: MD Anderson Second Trip - 01-10-2005 11:15 PM
Dear John,

Thanks for sharing such great news from MD Anderson. It uplifts us all. I will continue to send prayers your way. I know you can beat this bastard of a diaease!! Keep us posted on the good news.

Danny Boy
Posted By: maz334 Re: MD Anderson Second Trip - 01-11-2005 03:39 AM
so pleased to hear your good news , stay positve and carry on sharing, god bless.

regards maz
Posted By: Uptown Re: MD Anderson Second Trip - 01-11-2005 04:21 PM
John,

Congratulations on the great news! May you continue to get good news and have many more visits, spread farther and farther apart.

Ed
Posted By: Marica Re: MD Anderson Second Trip - 01-11-2005 07:28 PM
Way to Go John!
The best news I have had today.
May this good news continue for you.
Take care
Marica
Posted By: Carol L Re: MD Anderson Second Trip - 01-12-2005 11:26 AM
Awesome news John!! God Bless you, Carol
p.s. are you near East Tennessee State University by any chance? My daughter will be attending next Fall.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum