Posted By: minky Granulation tissue about the PEG - 03-29-2004 01:32 PM
That meaty looking stuff erupting about my tube I was told is granulation tissue. My body is apparently trying to close the PEG hole.

I will be getting it removed next week. Did anyone out there experience this problem? Can you tell me exactly how it's removed? The first question I asked the nurse was 'will it hurt?' & I'm told 'yes' w/a nervous giggle over the phone. ROLL MY EYES!!! Anyrates any advice/help you can give would rock. Thanx in advance.
Posted By: minniea Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 03-29-2004 02:38 PM
I also had granulation tissue around my Peg and they would use some silver nitrate on it and it would settle down.
Getting the tube taken out is overwhelming but not all that painful. I think the thought of what they were going to do was worse then the split second pain from the removal. They simply pull it out, quickly. Quick second of pain and they send you home. Take my word, it's a piece of cake.
Minnie
Posted By: Joanna Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 03-29-2004 07:01 PM
Minky, several people from the hospital told me that it was REALLY going to hurt when the PEG came out. Listen to Minnie. It is so quick. I enjoyed the opportunity to holler at full volume in a public place - but just one holler, then they slap a bandaid on it and home you go. Minnie is also correct that thinking about it is MUCH worse than having it done. You will do fine.
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 03-29-2004 07:15 PM
Hi Minky,

I had them sedate me with the same drug as when they put it in. I am a chicken for pain. The Doctor just pulled it out , it hurt for a second or two and that was it. I had it in for 8 months.
I now have two belly buttons!!!!!

Dan
Posted By: Mark Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 03-29-2004 08:41 PM
Is this one of the many positive features of the wonderful PEG? :p

Actually I count 3 wonderful features in this thread.
Posted By: Khaja Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 03-29-2004 11:00 PM
Dan....

I'm with you. I had the sedation also. In fact I fell asleep!

Khaja
Posted By: Mandi Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 03-30-2004 05:43 AM
Dan, you are so funny! Now I know why we hit it off from the start.

Dennis said the exact same thing once his PEG was removed...He has two belly-buttons!

Love ya,
Mandi
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 03-30-2004 10:41 PM
Thank You Mandi,

You are a survivor!!!! Getting closer to the time when we will "break bread"!!!

Love Ya, Danny Boy
Posted By: minky Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 04-01-2004 12:56 PM
ah poopies! I shld
Posted By: Gary Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 04-01-2004 01:15 PM
Minky -you are truly funny! I had coffee blowing out my nose all over the keyboard!!!!
Posted By: Mark Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 04-01-2004 01:18 PM
Hers was funny enough, but when I read about blowing coffee I did the same thing laugh with tears...
Posted By: Uptown Re: Granulation tissue about the PEG - 04-02-2004 07:39 PM
My tube didn't hurt at all and I am a B-I-G baby! I stopped at Church's Fried Chicken a block from the doctors office, had my wife call the doc and make sure I was supposed to eat right away and chowed down.

Sometimes when food lodges in my throat my body signals a sneeze and LOOKOUT the food is going to blow. I know to keep a napkin around because I know exactly when it is going to happen. Luckily it has only been at home...so far.

Ed
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum