Posted By: Laz Caphosol still being recommended? - 03-02-2015 09:56 PM
I went through 33 sessions of radiation at the end of 2011 for HPV16 related cancer on my tonsils. My radiologist recommended Caphosol which worked out very well for me.

I have a friend who is just started radiation/chemo for an HPV-16 positive Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Nasopharynx.

I am recommending it to my friend however I want to see if others have had similar positive experiences with Caphosol (or was I just one of ht elucky ones) It is pretty expensive and I know that some insurance companies don't cover it .

Any advice (positive or negative) is welcome

BTW - I am free and clear (three year anniversary). I am one of the lucky ones as no side effects and life is treating me very well. This forum was a bright light in a rather dark space for me. I really appreciated all your help and good wishes.

Thanks - Steve
Posted By: Di66 Re: Caphosol still being recommended? - 03-05-2015 06:57 PM
Hi Steve
I finished treatment in UK for tonsil cancer 14 months ago. I was offered a trial of caphosol free , which I took during treatment and for a short while afterwards , honest opinion not sure if it was any good or not . My mouth is quite well healed now so perhaps it did some long term good .
May your good health continue , love ang hugs to your friend.
Di x
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum