Posted By: sweetpe1 Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy - 01-27-2015 03:18 AM
My mother had a biopsy done about 7 months ago . The spot is on her upper neck area rite below her chin. This biopsy was done from the inside but as time has gone bye this area has never healed and it has actually made a small hole throug her skin on her neck. This will not heal for nothing. I've noticed the last few days the hole seems to be getting a little bigger around. Its a very painful area.

I have talked to her doctors about this now open wound but the doctors dont seem to want to do anything about it. I was told that its bad tissue and its not going to heal. I feel like there has to be something they can do.

I mentioned HBOT but it does'nt seem like the doctors think its a good idea. I was told that the HBOT could actually feed the cancer.

Has anyone had anything like this happen ? If so did this ever heal ?

Thanks
Heidi
Posted By: PaulB Re: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy - 01-27-2015 03:38 PM
I had to have a clear scan for cancer before I was given HBOT. The oral surgeon wouldn't order it before then, and all my other doctors seemed to be in line with this.
Posted By: sweetpe1 Re: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy - 01-27-2015 03:56 PM
Thanks Paul

That's what I was wondering. I guess because my mom can't get a clear scan is why the HBOT is not an option.

I wish and pray so hard for my mom.

Thanks
Heidi
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy - 01-27-2015 06:48 PM
Unless the patient is cancer free HBO would not be an option. Here is a link to learn more about HBO. It also discusses osteoradionecrosis.

HBO info from main OCF pages

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum