Posted By: msweet2995 Pain meds - 08-26-2014 04:57 PM
Hi I have tried roxicet and oxycodone both very powerful and a zombie for days. Are there any pain meds that do not give this zombie effect but yet are effective in relieving pain, thanks, Michele
Posted By: David2 Re: Pain meds - 08-26-2014 05:15 PM
Hi Michele, well Roxicet is of course a version of Percocet, which is simply Oxycodone and Acetaminophen. Not sure if the way it makes you feel would be any different if you were using the other similar meds I know about, mainly Dilaudid, Morphine and Vicodin. Fentanyl is stronger but might well send you into even deeper zombification.

Dunno where you live, but if you're able to get your hands on some medical MJ that might be something to try.

I'm so sorry to hear of your distress and I hope you'll get some relief. I expect others will have suggestions of their own that I haven't thought of.

Sending good vibes your way!
Posted By: donfoo Re: Pain meds - 08-26-2014 06:00 PM
Ditto the MMJ. There are varieties that help with pain, sleep, and uplifting as well as calming. Are you able to get out and walk and exercise a bit? Often times, just loosening up the muscles and getting some blood flowing and basking in the sun does wonders.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Pain meds - 08-27-2014 03:09 AM
Fentanyl patches allowed me to commute almost 500 miles each way to work. After the first or second patch, I never felt like a zombie. I was up to 2 75 mcg/hr also.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum