Posted By: Kavita Where can I buy Affinitor? - 08-06-2014 04:56 PM
Hi, My dad has Stage 3 oral cancer which has moved to his chest area. The Dr. has said he canot have anymore radiation or surgeries. Chemo with Afinitor are his two options. Afinitor is not covered by Medicare. Does anyone know where I can get financial assistance for this drug? Thank you!
Posted By: Kavita Re: Where can I buy Affinitor? - 08-06-2014 04:58 PM
Since my initial post he has had 4 surgeries, 6 chemos and 30 radiations
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Where can I buy Affinitor? - 08-06-2014 05:40 PM
I suggest getting a second opinion right away at a top comprehensive cancer center (CCC). Take all the medical records and try to get an appointment ASAP. Chemo alone will not eliminate his cancer. Sorry, Im not familiar with Afinitor. Try contacting the company directly.

Best wishes!
Posted By: PaulB Re: Where can I buy Affinitor? - 08-07-2014 12:23 AM
It's a targeted therapy.

http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/afinitor.aspx
Posted By: Kavita Re: Where can I buy Affinitor? - 08-07-2014 02:46 AM
Thank you for responding! We did get second opinions an dvoth said chemo and affinitor may help slow down the cancer.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Where can I buy Affinitor? - 08-22-2014 12:13 PM
This sucks and I am very very sorry. It's very hard to treat when it's in the chest, but try not to give up hope. Do get a third opinion if you feel the need, comprehensive cancer centers do offer one thing others don't - ready access to a variety of clinical trials.
Also there is DNA matching that can be done. If they biopsy the area and send the sample to California, they can test the sample against different chemos to see what will be most effective. Hugs
Posted By: Kavita Re: Where can I buy Affinitor? - 10-03-2014 01:13 AM
Thank you Cheryl...I will contact a CCC now.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum