Posted By: cantbelieve The ball is finally rolling - 03-03-2014 09:53 PM
My husband was diagnosed with Buccul Mucosa SCC in his left cheek. He is a Bettlenut user. We met with the ENT last week and we were told its a T2 there are 2 nodes in his neck ... they are not sure if they are malignant or not ... but will be removing for surgery. They say he is a stage 2 or 3 depending on the nodes.

Surgery is booked for march 17. They have said they will do a neck disection remove the area in his cheek all the way to corner of his mouth. The corner of the mouth will need to be reconstructed which is causing a bit of concern. The doc has told us he will look different but we are not sure what tht means.

Looking for advise on what wil happen next. What we should ask the dr. What we should be aware of .
Posted By: David J Re: The ball is finally rolling - 03-05-2014 01:58 AM
Hi friends,
I am posting for my first time I've read the form daily and it's been very helpful for me to gain the knowledge that I need,and to encourage me...and I know I'll get better as time progresses.I share the same condition as you, 4.5 years ago I was diagnosed with the exact diagnosis. I believe that it would be beneficial for you and I to talk and discuss the procedures and the treatment that I've had,so I would be greatly happy to help you,and I believe that if we spoke on the phone I can give you detailed description of what to expect my phone number is area code 1 731 293 5787 please call me at your earliest convenience.
Dahveed,
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum