Posted By: zengalib 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-14-2013 04:25 PM
Gheesh! I just saw an alarming post online. Someone asked about using a 31 day cancer cure method, and wondered if it would cure throat cancer instead of radiation or chemo. The woman's husband had downloaded some book about it from the internet. Fortunately, everyone on the page told her to forget it, but you wonder how much of that crap is out there!
Posted By: PaulB Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-14-2013 05:24 PM
It's very common, and as long as there is someone, some say fools, willing to part with thier money, there will always be scams and frauds. I may belong to the same blog as you, and seen it also. Just the other day, another blogger on the same site posted that bogus John Hopkins e-mail from 2008, and was quite a discussion. Today, I posted this FDA PDF..Beware of On-line Cancer Fraud.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/UCM143670.pdf
Posted By: zengalib Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-14-2013 05:39 PM
Yes. I saw your posts. I was the one who said No! No! No! That's why people need to go to the OCF website as well as the Facebook page, since OCF vets everything. All of these "woo woo" cures, as Charm would say, are out there floating around. I was glad to see that nobody agreed with her on this. One of my coffee shop buddies posted the John's Hopkins hoax about a month ago, and took it down when I told her it was a hoax, thank goodness. She has a tendency to post a lot of stuff without checking them out, too...a lot of political stuff, too.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-14-2013 08:46 PM
This is exactly why facebook chat groups can never take the place of established places like OCF. Too many sheep believe what they are told simply because 'somebody' said so. The internet is full of too many scams are out there to part patients from their money without regard to the patients medical problems, its all about the money. Facebook serves a much different purpose than OCF, its for friends to chat. Medical advice should come from reputable sources, unfortunately not everyone knows the what is reputable and what isnt.

Here on OCF, correct medical info is given. Both the posts and main OCF pages are read by experts to ensure only correct medical advice and information goes out. OCF complies with the Heath on the Net Code which has its own set of standards a website must meet to be part of this group. Facebook and the other websites cant be edited or corrected. If a person is looking for correct info choosing a site (like OCF) where its part of Health on the Net is the best decision.

Posted By: zengalib Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-14-2013 09:38 PM
I totally agree, Christine. I had a man at church go on and on about alternate cures. I finally gave up arguing with him and just gracefully got out of the conversation, because there was no way I would have ever convinced him. His wife, who is much more sensible, told me to ignore him, that she does. I have no problem with the Facebook group as long as that's not the only place people look. I always refer people to OCF for real answers. I have learned so much here. I only wish I had found it when I was actually going through my treatments!
Posted By: PaulB Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-14-2013 09:53 PM
I know what you mean, and see it often, and reason why I stopped posting on some blogs trying to help, especially after writing like a whole page lol, which takes me quite a while with my errors, and vision. I'm not the type to shoot from the hips, and most everything I experienced, and verify one way or another. Then the person responds with some nonsense or argument lol. I feel like I just waisted my time.
Posted By: Maria Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-14-2013 10:36 PM
I think it is worthwhile remembering that you are not responding to one person (who may not have a lot of sense) do to everyone who reads the reply (some of whom may have sense). Thinking about the general audience makes it easier to keep one's temper in the face of dangerous nonsense.
Posted By: zengalib Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-14-2013 11:00 PM
The woman who posted on the Facebook page was actually posting about her husband, who wanted to use this bogus cure, and she got a lot of comments about it. One of the other posters told her to "wop him upside the head" until he listened to us. So, I'm glad that everyone refuted this crap.
Posted By: Ingrid K Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-15-2013 01:25 AM
I was the one who told that woman to "hit him upside the head" if reading all of our posts didn't work. Sounds like the husband may be in denial.

It upsets me because we have lost too many warriors who fought with everything possible and just ran out of time and lost the battle. They would have been happy to have more time for more treatments.
Posted By: PaulB Re: 31 day home cancer treatment - 01-15-2013 01:45 AM
There was song in the 70's by The Gap Band, " Oops upside your head." Lol. Maybe there is no husband? I hope it's sincere, and the pot method works on him!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum