Posted By: AnaD Drug interactions - 06-07-2012 04:02 PM
Folks I thought I would share something that just happened to my husband. For a man who never takes medicine, throughout chemo, he's on and off 12 drugs. I wanted to double check drug intereactions, so I logged into medscape, entered all of his drugs (chemo, antinausea, diabetes, etc.), found that Emend and Everolimus (the trial drug he's on) have a very serious interaction, so much so that it's counterintidated. Had a talk with husband's med onc, who explained the risk and why it's worth taking, we're satisfied with his explaination. He was glad that we had gone the extra step to check drug interactions and share our concerns with him. We love that he considers us part of the team. It doesn't have to be done via medscape, there are many sites out there, but as we all go through this process, it's a another tool to help us know what's going on and actively help move our loved ones towards good health again.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Drug interactions - 06-07-2012 07:24 PM
Here is a thread from a while back which gives an excellent source for checking medication interactions.

Drug Checker thread
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum