Posted By: EzJim Everything is set. - 09-09-2011 07:18 PM
I saw the ENT in Pittsburgh this morning. The CtScan shows my jaw is broken and is creating worry in my Dr. He wanted to admit me today but I told or rather asked him if it could wait until Monday. He said what he was telling me was hid Medical Opinion. I go Moday Morning to meet with a plastic surgeon and right after be admitted to the Hospital. They will begin anti-biotice as soon as I am admitted to fatten me up a little. The feeding tube will be inserted thru my nose. With this nose, he could inser a 4 inch water drain. LOL Then they will after a week or so besin the surgeries I need. They also have to figure out which bone is good enough to make a new jaw. The lowering of my stomache will take sometime around then so they can put the other feeding tube in. It might end up above my stomache. He said a minumm of 3 1/2 weeks but probably more like 2 or 3 months but could be longer still. I have been told a few times that God must be saving me for something special. Maybe it's to see how much an individual can tolerate. If that is the reason, then I am all for it. Have a great day all and keep smiling.
Posted By: msmac Re: Everything is set. - 09-09-2011 08:21 PM
That's quite a long time in the hospital. I'm so glad you are getting this taken care of. I hope you feel 100 times better very soon. I'm sure your strong, positive attitude will help you heal faster than the doctor expects.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Everything is set. - 09-09-2011 09:01 PM
You'll kick the crap out of the whole situation and be out in record time.... smile sorry you have to go for more surgery!!! But if it's one stop shopping maybe you'll come out in better shape! Hugs!!! Give em hell!
Posted By: Ingrid K Re: Everything is set. - 09-09-2011 09:31 PM
Hi Jim: Wishing you much success with this additional surgery. You are one of the strongest people I have met on this site so I am sure you will kick the heck out of it.
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Everything is set. - 09-10-2011 09:09 AM
Oh, my Jim. My heart sunk when I saw the words "jaw is broken". You have been through more than anyone should be made to handle. And, you are tougher than anyone I know. Please know that you have an extended family, all of us here, who love you and care about you and will see you through your surgery and recovery. Please try to get lots of nutrition and put some weight on.

This whole thing must be weighing on your mind something awful. Please try to distract yourself with things you like to do. Remember to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Soon, you'll be looking back on all this stuff as just a bad memory.

Blowing a kiss and sending a hug from your California sunshine!

Posted By: walknlite Re: Everything is set. - 09-10-2011 10:11 AM
Well, I guess I am going to stop complaining about the mild pain I am in. Jim, you have been through so much. I will be diligently praying for you and your recovery. I am glad you went and got it checked out.
Posted By: Eshwar N Re: Everything is set. - 09-10-2011 11:23 AM
Not sure if we'll be able to see you on the forums this often now once you hit the operation theater. Get well soon, we all will be waiting to hear from you.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Everything is set. - 09-10-2011 11:51 AM
Wow that kid had a hard head!!! Im not surprised that your jaw is broken from what you had described. My poor poor buddy!!!! Im certain that you will be very busy getting all your things in order before you go on Monday.

I hope you will stop back onto the forum to check in. Jim....PLEASE!!!! have someone dependable make themselves an account here on OCF so they will keep us posted. DO NOT FORGET!!!!! Remember, I had my son join and he posted for me while I was stuck in the hospital. You may be there for a long time, dont leave your OCF family hanging not knowing if you are ok.

You and I have discussed this procedure many times. I know you dont want to go thru this but you will feel so much better when its all over. I know how afraid you are of all this, you can do it. After everything else you have gone thru this will be just a few more steps til you are well.

Make sure you tell those docs you want a possey muir valve for a trach. This way you will be able to talk. If you havent learned how to text message yet, get one of those grandkids to quick teach you. It probably will be easier to text than to talk for a while. Make sure you line up people to come stay with you while you are hospitalized. You need a team of advocates to be there to help ensure you are properly taken care of. My son would sit there for hours with me, even when I was kept asleep he sat there talking to me.

Keep your spirits up! Its not going to be easy but you can do this and finally be well. It really will be ok.

((((HUGS))))) and prayers to you my friend!!!!!
Posted By: Maria Re: Everything is set. - 09-10-2011 02:58 PM
Jim,
I have only been on this forum for a short time but have come to look forward to reading your posts: your courage and humanity blaze through the limits of the typed word. I want to second Christine's request to have a family member update us until you are connected again. It is a blessing to have family and friends to help; it is a blessing to them - especially the young people - to be able to help.
Posted By: julieann Re: Everything is set. - 09-10-2011 03:34 PM
Jim:
You know that I will be right there with you in spirit, holding your hand and hugging you throughout all your surgeries and procedures, along with these wonderful forum members who so care for you. When you feel like it, use that laptop to send us a few words letting us know how you are. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers headed your way and will continue until you are back home and healing. We love you, and so admire you. It's someone like you who gives each of us the strength to conquer and survive.
julieann
Posted By: msmac Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 06:15 AM
Thinking of you, Jim. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
Posted By: EricS Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 01:56 PM
Jim,

I love you. You're a hero of mine and one of, if not the, toughest people I know. I look at you as a father figure, someone I've looked to for an example on how to handle myself on this crazy journey.

I do hope that you have someone posting updates for you or have a way to communicate to us how everything is going. We worry because we love. I'm not sure why I worry, you're tougher then nails, I just hope they can get you patched up and get you out of pain.

You are on my mind and in my heart Jim.

Love you

Eric
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 03:41 PM
Jim,

As you are getting yourself ready for tomorrow, remember how many of us love you and are with you every step. I am going to miss your posts while you are in the hospital. You are a wonderful wise, courageous man with a great sense of humor. I am so glad you are getting the attention you need on your jaw. And I am hopeful that you can get relief from your pain, too. It's not easy to surrender yourself into the hospital and the health care team for what could be weeks. But you are doing the right thing. I'll be thinking about you lots and I send you my bestest hugs and healing thoughts.

Love,
Anita
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 03:42 PM
Everything Anita said, I second that!!!

You are a wonderful, thoughtful person, thinking of you!!!

Susan
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 04:08 PM
Hey Jim, thinking of you - hoe you will have your comp. Available to you when you are feeling up to it... We'll miss you here! Best of luck with your surgery - I know you're tough and you'll get through it fine!!! smile hugs and heal well! Wil say prayers that your surgery goes super quick and healing even moreso!
Posted By: julieann Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 04:42 PM
As usual, Eric took the words right out of my mouth wink.
julieann
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 08:24 PM
Jim,

So sorry you are going through yet another major surgery. I sure hope and pray that this puts an end to the pain you have been going through and fixes all that needs fixing! You have the love, support and prayers of all your OCF angels and buddies! Please keep us posted and know we are there with you watching over you!

What hospital will you be in?

((((HUGS))))) and prayers to you my friend!!!!!
Posted By: Gabe Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 09:04 PM
Best wishes for your surgery Jim.
We will all be thinking of you and waiting to hear that all is OK with you.
Love and hugs from your angel Gabriele xoxox
Posted By: RPCV Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 10:18 PM
Jim,

Get it done and then come back to us... we need you!

My Strength to You,
Catherine
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Everything is set. - 09-11-2011 11:21 PM
Jim - I hope the surgery goes just the way it's supposed to and that your recovery happens in record time! Please do arrange for us to get updates so we know how you are doing. Love and prayers going your way.
Posted By: Malka Re: Everything is set. - 09-13-2011 03:14 AM
Jim,
Tell those docs that you have an army of friends praying that they take good care of you. Best wishes and prayers for a speedy and COMPLETE recovery with no complications.
Malka
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum