Posted By: AnitaFrances Good News! - 07-15-2010 03:45 PM
I am so happy to report that Clark's PET/CT results were very good. Activity was related to inflammation in the jaw from surgery, and aspiration in the lungs. Very common in H&N Ca patients. He had an appointment with a pulmonologist who recommended repeating the CT in 8 weeks. No reason to worry.

As far as Clark's jaw pain, the Head and Neck surgeon identified it as "First Bite Syndrome". It may go away or not. But having a name and someone recognizing it as a real thing was wonderful. We should have gone back to the H&N surgeon a lot sooner. I LOVE that guy!!!! He really knows his stuff. He recommended that Clark see a guy in the dental department that specializes in jaw and mouth pain. Appointment is in August.

Clark is so much happier and more relaxed. We are enjoying our time by golfing, being with family and rebuilding our home. Check out the pix on FB of the demo. Very cool.

All my best--
Anita
Posted By: slim Re: Good News! - 07-15-2010 03:47 PM
Yeah Anita!!! So happy to hear the good report about Clark. Enjoy your summer and now you can both "relax and breathe". Good luck with the house and let's get together soon.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Good News! - 07-15-2010 03:54 PM
Thanks, Wanda. Yes, things sure look better now. I will be back and forth with this house project, so getting together will be fun and so nice to look forward to. Talk to you soon!

Anita
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Good News! - 07-15-2010 07:23 PM
Anita

Great news indeed. What a relief for you both. Hope to keep hearing better & better news
Charm
Posted By: walknlite Re: Good News! - 07-15-2010 07:27 PM
Love to hear good news. Congrats!!
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Good News! - 07-15-2010 07:46 PM
So glad for your good news! Awesome how it can color everything in your life and make every moment so special! Enjoy! I'm so happy for you!
Posted By: Susan3175 Re: Good News! - 07-15-2010 10:28 PM
Great news Anita! Congrats!!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Good News! - 07-16-2010 12:03 AM
Anita, thats wonderful news!!!! Clark has been thru so much that its about time he was enjoying the good things in life. Best of luck with your house project. Hope it gets done quickly.

Will we see you in September at Susan Lauria's walk in NJ? Or are you able to make the Bethlehem walk in Oct, or perhaps both? Hope to see Wanda there too smile
Posted By: Gabe Re: Good News! - 07-16-2010 12:10 AM
Great news for you and Clark. Have seen the photo's and it looks like an exciting time ahead of you. Pretty area with all those trees around.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Good News! - 07-16-2010 12:37 PM
Thank you all for your posts. Christine, I am hoping to both walks.

Gabe, one of the reasons for rebuilding was the beautiful setting. We didn't want to leave!

Anita
Posted By: David2 Re: Good News! - 07-16-2010 11:20 PM
Fantastic!
d2
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum