Although I am cured,I've been battling the long term affects many years now.I've NEVER met anyone in person that's had what I've had.Like they say,"misery loves company" and it's WONDERFUL to be on a chat board with several thousand people in the same boat.Thanks Brian for bringing this board and all of us together for support and info.Hope is SO VERY important for all of us.
I am a new member and i just love this forum for all of us. I am interested in some of your stories about ongoing after effects
I am still having a lot also. I had my first cancer in 1997 and have had 2 more since. It has been hard on me and the radiation I had the first time, has left me with a lot of not so nice problems. I would love to talk to you online, please write me when you have time.
Jean Hamann
Salem, Or.
My email is in my profile if you want to contact me that way.
Jean,

Most of us here discuss all these issues right here on the site, no need for private emails. It helps others like Fogelburg fan who have never met another survivor.

We have a forum titled "after treatment issues" take a look and feel free in posting your questions and experiences.

Kelly
jeanie. please do not put private information like your email phone etc, on the boards - they are public. Robots wander the web collecting info like this. People who want your email just have to click your name and look at your profile which cannot be easily read by the spyder/robots. I am taking your email out of your post for you.
fogelbergfan-i LOVE ur quote! welcome!
Posted By: jonp Re: To All my OC Brothers and Sisters in the Hood - 02-11-2010 11:23 PM
agree with homershoney - best quote in a signature i've seen so far...
Welcome Fogelbergfan (may I call you "Fogey"? lol) and just seeing that 27 year survivor means a lot. And as devoted as my dog is, I'd settle for being 1/4th the person he thinks I am.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum