Posted By: BrandyK Frustration - 10-19-2009 03:52 AM
Dealing with things day by day but also frustrated with just how slow my body seems to be healing. So slow that my RO is also frustrated. I am 6 months out from treatment and I am where most people are after 6 weeks. For some reason my bosy did NOT like radiation. Seems to have worked on the cancer which is good but frustrated with the mouth sores that come and go. I want to try some food but hard to do only 3 teeth on top, a hole that goes to my left nose and all the mouth sores. I can't wait till my body decides to start healing a little faster. I am glad that it is improving but gets frustrating.

Not only have I been dealing with that I went to get a colonoscopy and they found two rather large polyps in my colon. Something they were NOT expecting to find on a 34 year old. One was 8 inches long and the other was a little over 7 1/2 inches. Luckily they were not cancerous but they are the type that turns cancerous. On July 3rd I was hospitalized with very high blood sugar and was diagnosed with diabetes. I mean how much more can you throw at me. I am praying that when I can start to eat and get the tummy tube out that it will go away. I am REALLY praying that that happens as I have enough to deal with alrady. Fun, fun fun... Praying that after they do surgery on the polyps nothing else will pop up and my body can get back to healing.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Frustration - 10-19-2009 12:30 PM
Hang in there. Our recovery can take every bit of 2 years so don't let this process get to you.
Posted By: debandbill Re: Frustration - 10-19-2009 01:28 PM
Brandy,

Diabetes may be a major player in why you are not healing as fast as most. I would think that if you get this under control that you might see much improvement.

Best of luck to you...I know it must be terribly frustrating but this diabetes diagnosis may be the best thing that has happened lately as it could be the clue you needed to get better.

Deb
Posted By: BrandyK Re: Frustration - 10-21-2009 01:43 AM
I am trying to be patient. I am going back to the accupuncturist as well to help as well. Since I was dignosed with the diabetes it has been under control since mid July.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Frustration - 10-22-2009 11:27 PM
Just give this your best shot and you are going to win you war, It all takes time and willingness to fight. None of the I feel sorry for myself because that leads to self pity which none of us need. You seem to understand your problem, so come out swinging.
Posted By: JojoFlores Re: Frustration - 10-23-2009 04:26 AM
Brandy,

Two things I'd like to share with you based on your original post Oct 18th. From "The Ten Commandments for Cancer Survival":

#4. Thou shalt regard thy ailment as a temporary detour in life and shalt plan thy future as though this detour had not occurred. Thou shalt never, at no time, no how, regard thy temporary ailment as permanent. Thou shalt set long-term goals for thyself. For thou will verily recover and your believing so will contribute mightily to thy recovery.

#10. Thou shalt have enduring and unassailable faith, whether thy faith be in a Supreme Being, in Medical Science, in Thy Future, in Thyself, or in Whatever. Steadfastly sustain thy faith for it shall sustain thee.

Hang in there, and you will eventually see these through.

Jojo
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum