Posted By: nycgrl surgery day for dell - 01-31-2008 09:23 PM
hello all,
tomorrow is Dell's surgery, (laryngectomy, neck dissection and partial glossectomy) and the family is gathered tonight in good spirits, although Dell is not having a good day- lots of discomfort and fatigue. i'm just writing to update, and ask you good folks to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. we are in great hands, have wonderful doctors, and all we need now is for that wretched cancer to be taken out! but we still need your good thoughts to remain strong through this ordeal; i feel very emotionally brittle tonight and its tough to put on a positive face looking at Dell.
i'll write tomorrow to update on what was found, and how the surgery went.
love to all
Emma
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery day for dell - 01-31-2008 09:36 PM
You are in my prayers and I would bet everyones in here. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Posted By: Dell1064 Re: surgery day for dell - 01-31-2008 09:38 PM
Hi Emma,

Sending good thoughts and warmth to help with the brittle nerves tonight.

Deb
Posted By: wallyswife Re: surgery day for dell - 01-31-2008 09:43 PM
Oh Emma I feel for you both so much facing surgery tomorrow. May all go well and Dell's cancer become history. Strength, courage and a bucket full of good luck be yours from this day forward.
Posted By: marica_e Re: surgery day for dell - 01-31-2008 10:05 PM
We send you lots of love and good wishes....... this disease can be beat Emma.
Take Care
Marica
Posted By: mhupe Re: surgery day for dell - 02-01-2008 12:09 AM
Emma,

We'll keep you and Dell in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Cookey Re: surgery day for dell - 02-01-2008 03:07 AM
Hi Emma
my thoughts will be with you today.

love liz
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: surgery day for dell - 02-01-2008 08:47 AM
Sending lots of prayers, good vibes and special thoughts to you and Dell for his surgery today.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: surgery day for dell - 02-01-2008 10:18 AM
Lets pray this does the trick. Please keep us posted.
Posted By: Eileen Re: surgery day for dell - 02-01-2008 02:56 PM
Emma,
I had the ND and laryngectomy in 2001. Make certain you take a something for him to write with so he can make his problems known to you or nurses. Make certain it has a solid surface because if they have to take artery from the arm, it will be difficult for him to write. My surgery was 14 hours and I was in ICU overnight. I don't remember having any pain but was on morphine drip overnight. I didn't use it once I was in my room. I was out of hosptial 5 days later and back to work at 8 weeks. You both will be in my thoughts today.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: misskate Re: surgery day for dell - 02-01-2008 04:22 PM
you are in my thoughts and prayers
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum