Posted By: EzJim surgery - 12-28-2007 06:03 PM
Dr Ozers office called this afternoon. Be at the James Cancer Center at 8AM and surgery is scheduled for 10AM. LOL what a dipstick,, better put the date .. Thursday the 3rd of January. I knew something happened to my mind.LOL too many things to think about . Have a great weekend all .
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: surgery - 12-28-2007 08:36 PM
Will be thinking about you on the 3rd Jim.
Good weekend to you too!
Brenda
Posted By: emmylou1951 Re: surgery - 12-28-2007 09:41 PM
We're still hanging with you, friend! Keep us posted!

Lois & Buzz in NC
Posted By: sharlee Re: surgery - 12-28-2007 10:53 PM
Jim

you will be in my thoughts that day !!! I start back to work on the 2nd...but my mind will be with you on the 3rd..hahahah I am sure the kids I work with will LOVE that !!!;)

Shar
Posted By: JeffL Re: surgery - 12-28-2007 11:52 PM
Hey Jim -- Best of luck buddy. Are you going to be inpatient at all? If so, I will try and swing by to see you. You are in the prayers of both Anne & I.

--
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: surgery - 12-29-2007 01:34 AM
Good luck on the 3rd Jim - we will all be pulling for you.

Donna
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 12-29-2007 01:40 AM
Jeff and all, I have no idea what will happen on the 3rd, Audra just said be there at 8 and surgery is scheduled for 10. whatever it is, i'll be thinking of everyone.. and Jeff one day we will meet there again. Tell anne i said tahnk you and I sure do need the prayers. What a great group of friends we have..
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 12-29-2007 01:41 AM
Shar, have you noticed we type the same way LOL TYPOS galore.
Posted By: minniea Re: surgery - 12-29-2007 06:50 PM
Jim, I'll be thinking of you on the 3rd, with fingers and toes crossed wishing for the best. I know it's easier said than done..........but try not to spend the time up until your surgery worrying.
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 12-29-2007 09:45 PM
Minnie. i did make it to sleep last nite about 4 and got up at 8. That's enoug for me
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: surgery - 12-29-2007 10:40 PM
Hey Jim,
Something to read when you get up!
I have Plastic Surgeon appointment on Monday and wondering if this is for 'Makeover'--hmmm, praps not, then Zometa treatment Wednesday, then back to Oncologist on 9th.
Aint life fun? Never a dull moment!!!!

Brenda
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 12-29-2007 11:04 PM
LOL Brenda. you are a busy lady it seems . why when I wake up? It's only 9PM here and this guy doesn't need much sleep. Might go to bed at 2 or so or I'll start showiong my age. Thanks for making me smile .
Posted By: sharlee Re: surgery - 12-30-2007 12:08 AM
I used to chalk my typing errors up to trying to type to fast !! LOL....Now it is because I GOT MY NAILS DONE !!!!! 1st time in a year !!! My dad gave me a gift cert for xmas...and being I had no SURGERYS on the books ( LOL) I could get them done !!! heheehe , so probably a combination of the two!!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 12-30-2007 09:17 AM
Shar, how are you going to wash dishes or scrub floors without ruining those pretty nails? LOL
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 12-30-2007 09:19 AM
I find that there are just too many keys on this thing to type very well. LOL Gotta blame my typos on something and this is the best excuse I can come up with.
Posted By: sharlee Re: surgery - 12-30-2007 09:45 PM
ahh I can still wash dishes, scrub floors, button tiny buttons on the kids clothes..I am used to them wink !! Except typing , they are long and hit other keys !!

Shar
Posted By: Nelie Re: surgery - 01-01-2008 12:02 PM
psst, Shar, even if you can still do those things with your nails done up, don't announce that too loudly! The nails might come in as a good excuse to get someone else to do the dishes for a few days anyway.........
Posted By: davidcpa Re: surgery - 01-01-2008 07:20 PM
Nelie,

We heard that.
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 01-01-2008 07:22 PM
Does Nelie's message sound like adice? LOL
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 01-02-2008 06:51 PM
Dr Ozer office just called. It was a Dr that is going to assist him tomorrow morning. I asked her just waht is it that you are going to do. She said the cancer is back on the left side of my tongue and they will be taking more biopsies and whatever else is needed and make sure that is the only location affected. SURPRISE SURPRISE LOL they were supposed to call me and let me know over the phone. GRRRR no call. My daughter Lori is taking a day off from the Hos[ital she works at and going with me. I asked about going home right after and was told it depends on what happens and how I feel. I just bet you I say I feel great LOL Lori can't take 2 days off and I want her to get home to her kids and job. Barb said she will meet my son halfway if I have to stay so maybe. Have a great day all my friends and hopefully I can be on here tomorrow.
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: surgery - 01-02-2008 07:37 PM
The very best of luck and strength tomorrow Jim--I'll be thinking of you--at least you don't have too much time to get worked-up about it--like that's some consolation????
Take care of yourself Jim, let anyone who is willing to take care of you do so and make sure you come out with plenty of pain meds!

Brenda
Posted By: davidcpa Re: surgery - 01-02-2008 07:38 PM
Jim,

Good luck.
Posted By: mhupe Re: surgery - 01-02-2008 08:55 PM
Jim,

And, even more good luck. Hope all goes well!
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 01-02-2008 10:23 PM
I have enough pain meds in this house to make us all happy and carefree LOL .. too bad I don't take it often enough and sit here and suffer. Hope to post tomorrow nite if they let me out of there.
Posted By: emmylou1951 Re: surgery - 01-02-2008 10:46 PM
Jim: We'll be praying for you all day....Please ask someone to post and let us know how you're doing if you don't feel well enough to post yourself...

Lois & Buzz
Posted By: sharlee Re: surgery - 01-02-2008 11:54 PM
Jim

I will be thinking of you tomororw !! Keeping you in my thought and anxious to get home and hear any news that may be avail. You are strong and will make it through this No MATTER WHAT the outcome. Not how any of us wanna start the new year...But get it over with and enjoy the rest of the year !! My heart and thoughts are with you ((((((((((HUGS))))))))

Shar
Posted By: sharlee Re: surgery - 01-02-2008 11:56 PM
And Nellie

Thanks for the advice wink .. I may use it seeings how I just freshly Painted them !

SHHHHHH it will be OUR secret !!

Shar
Posted By: JeffL Re: surgery - 01-03-2008 01:07 AM
Jim -- Hang in there buddy. I'll be thinking of you, as will Anne. You are in great hands, and you will definitely KO this thing this time.
Posted By: Nelie Re: surgery - 01-03-2008 01:10 AM
we'll be thinking of you Jim. I'm glad you'll have your duaghter with you.

Nelie
Posted By: minniea Re: surgery - 01-03-2008 02:46 AM
Thinking of you Jim and hoping to see you well soon.
Minnie
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 01-03-2008 07:19 AM
It's about 5:20 AM and as soon as my daughter arrives here, we will be on our way to Columbus. I just looked st the tep and it's cold 13 is just a little colder than I like by about 60 degrees :LOL Have a good day all and if I'm able I will post an update and if not Barb will post for me.
Posted By: 1wife4mothers Re: surgery - 01-03-2008 04:35 PM
Will be thinking of you and yours today

Maggie
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 01-03-2008 08:53 PM
This is what happened today.. I was taken to the OR and they did biopsies. The wedge type this time. I woke up and was talking to the people in there. I felt great LOL but as they told me then, wait a few minutes and see. Good old pain big time. Dr Ozer wants me to have rad & chemo combined. I think I should have listened to the Radiologist in Wheeling when he said I needed it or it will return. That is the Dr that I am getting lined up to go to. I see him Monday the 7th and see Dr Ozer Jan 28th. I guess sometime the best can be wrong too. I'm too tired right now to keep typing so will see ya all later.
Posted By: sharlee Re: surgery - 01-03-2008 11:31 PM
Jim

Glad to see that everything went OK today and sorry to hear that you have to begin treatment, however it is the only way to beat it !! Just know I stand by you all the way ... Oh and it is like -5 here,much colder then I like it !!

Shar
Posted By: emmylou1951 Re: surgery - 01-04-2008 01:55 AM
Jim: You CAN do this! You're a tough old bird just like Buzz! God 'don't make 'em like y'all anymore!'...Stay in touch...get some rest, then start your research. We're ALL here for you, buddy!

Lois & Buzz
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 01-04-2008 11:28 AM
Lois, I guess us older dogs have to teach the young ones the correct way to chew a bone. Slow and easy. LOL
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: surgery - 01-04-2008 11:54 AM
Glad you were up to typing Jim--certainly plenty of life in the old dog yet!
And plenty on here who will 'walk you' through your treatment.
Still thinking of you,
Brenda
Posted By: minniea Re: surgery - 01-04-2008 07:45 PM
Jim,
I'm so happy to hear your doing well. Treatment will be tough but you'll do fine..........as Lois said, "they don't make them like you anymore" so show the younger crowd how to do it. I am always making that comment about my husband who works harder than any man I know........they just don't make them like him anymore which is why he has such trouble finding good employees, he expects to much.
We'll all be right here with you while you're in treatment Jim, sit back and let us support you.
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 01-04-2008 09:51 PM
LOL I wish someone else would have changed my profile,, my daughter called and we were talking while I was updating it..
Posted By: davidcpa Re: surgery - 01-05-2008 08:42 AM
Great JIm, but just add the year behind the date cause 5 years from now when you're still posting newbies won't think you're a newbie.
Posted By: EzJim Re: surgery - 01-05-2008 01:17 PM
Done deal david and thanks for letting me know about the date,, have a great day.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum