Posted By: larry-b Bye Dee - 04-20-2005 08:38 PM
Dee died Friday.

I met her a few months ago while she was undergoing radiation treatment for oral cancer. On the last day of treatment she was in low spirits, when a clown came by and cheered her up. She smiled big-time. Dee had always wanted to be a clown and decided that she would go to school to become one.

Unfortunately medical problems ended her life too soon, but i'm sure she is smiling and enjoying everything now.

i've lost 3 friends to cancer in the past couple of months. i remember each of them dearly.

bye Dee, Kate and Jim.

cu,
larryb
Posted By: Carol L Re: Bye Dee - 04-21-2005 09:28 AM
Larry, sorry to hear about your friends. God Bless, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Carol
Posted By: helen.c Re: Bye Dee - 04-21-2005 02:22 PM
Larry
My condolences on losing your friends in such a short time. May your God walk with you.
Sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Bye Dee - 04-21-2005 07:52 PM
Hello Larry,

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friends. This is one unforgiving diaease.
May they rest in peace.
I take some comfort in knowing that they suffer no more. Hoping you can remember the good times you shared with your friends.

Best Wishes, Danny Boy
Posted By: Marica Re: Bye Dee - 04-21-2005 08:20 PM
Dear Larry
I am so sorry you have lost so many loved ones.
It`s a scary old world... I just today heard of a young, 36 year old, friend of a friend, who died of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma (sp). Her husband insisted she be treated " naturally " and by the time she accepted conventional meds it was too late.
That just made me so furious but ...I guess to each his own.
Stay sane
Marica
Posted By: Uptown Re: Bye Dee - 04-26-2005 12:38 AM
Larry,

I am so sorry to hear of the friends you have lost. I am sure you touched each of them in a very special way, just as they touched your heart. May you be blessed with comfort and peace.

Ed
Posted By: Eileen Re: Bye Dee - 04-26-2005 09:20 PM
Larry,
I am so sorry to hear about your friend Dee, but it sounds like she passed away with a smile on her face. May your memories of the happy moments together help relieve your grief.

Take care,
Eileen
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum