Posted By: helen.c surgery cancelled - 04-19-2005 03:43 PM
Hi all, WELL I
Posted By: Kris Re: surgery cancelled - 04-19-2005 06:37 PM
Ah Helen, what a bummer. It is hard to mentally psych up for surgery and then to have to wait...my heart goes out to you! Hang in there and enjoy that glass of wine! A toast to strength!! love, Kris
Posted By: Darrell G. Rakestraw Re: surgery cancelled - 04-19-2005 07:47 PM
Helen:
When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
Darrell
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: surgery cancelled - 04-19-2005 09:19 PM
Hang in there Helen. Look at it in a positive light. You sure want the laser working when you are the one there useing it on!!! Did they tell you when it was rescheduled for?

Have a large glass of red wine on me. I'll have to have water.

Best Wishes, Danny Boy
Posted By: tiamaria Re: surgery cancelled - 04-20-2005 12:33 AM
Helen, there is a saying somewhere that I shall pass along in hopes it'll cheer you (if the red wine fails)
when patience and anticipation fall through and you find yourself waiting impatiently...pause and think "what if" there is another place I should be.
Danny Boy echoes the thoughts I have of there always being a reason WHY the delay; we want that laser to help you, not hurt you. I once got a flat tire, no big deal and not a nice event, but 300 yards further up the road & I would have been travelling on the Patulla bridge, with a far worse outcome than running into the ditch, as I did. Whenever your surgery is , our thoughts are with you. Your advice has always helped me. Ta luv!
Maria
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum