Posted By: madelainepagni crying at odd times - 04-07-2015 10:56 PM
Since my surgery and being in recovery I cry at the strangest times. It can be quite embarrassing. Talking to a friend or family member about nothing really, working with children, hugging my husband, seeing flowrs...I am like a fountain. Is this the new normal? I see the surgeon this Friday for check up..thanks for listening
Posted By: OzMojo Re: crying at odd times - 04-08-2015 12:54 AM
When I started this journey a veteran friend told me "when you find yourself sitting on the floor in the shower crying at 2.30am, just remind yourself that that is ok."

It seemed ridiculous at the time. But two months later, I found myself in exactly that position, and I looked at my watch, it was 2am.

Crying is normal, its all the other stuff we go through that isn't.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: crying at odd times - 04-08-2015 09:28 PM
Good post. I am a Caregiver and I too find myself crying and /or teary eyed at odd times. Even now 3 years later , I still get emotional and teary if the matter of Kris's cancer comes up. I do this too when others are unwell, or have their own issues to deal with. I guess it's just the emotional response to it all. My co workers /friends are used to this from me and are great.
I think this will always be my response being an emotional being.
Tammy
Posted By: Di66 Re: crying at odd times - 04-09-2015 06:29 PM
Hi there , I'm with you on the crying at odd times , I too am very emotional I never use to be so its a bit of shock when you find yourself tearful in the staff meeting or whilst sat eating your tea ! Don't know if this is coincidentally or not but my doctor said my uncontrollable emotions could be due to my under active thyroid which I've just been diagnosed with , just a thought.
Then I tell myself , hey what's a few uncontrolled emotions , it's allowed I've been through a lot ! My staff team now just hand me the tissues and says it's only Di at it again , give me a hug and tell me I'm doing good . And so are you my friend.
Hugs x
Posted By: Cheryld Re: crying at odd times - 04-14-2015 02:56 PM
It's all about fear and the unknown and sentimentality. Also being overwhelmed. And it's okay.

In time hopefully it will all ease... but for now you have the right to feel everything your feeling. Maybe talking to someone will help?

Hugs.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum