Posted By: Ina Hanging in but very sick - 01-14-2014 02:18 PM
Just wanted to leave an update about Joyce. Joyce can no longer walk. If needed to leave the room she needs to use a wheel chair. Joyce no longer talks due to the extreme pain. She is in the care of 2 nurses alternating care 24/7. She is being kept comfortable.

Joyce will not be able to travel. She is totally in the hands of God. We surrender to God's will.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-14-2014 04:06 PM
Ina,
Thank you for the update. Joyce has been in my thoughts and prayers and I was hoping for better news.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-14-2014 05:07 PM
Bless her and your family at this time. hopefully they can get her pain under control.
hugs
Posted By: PaulB Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-15-2014 12:15 AM
Ina will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: ngk Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-15-2014 05:02 AM
Sending up prayers for Ina and her family. Knowing she is in pain breaks my heart.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-15-2014 05:35 AM
Im so sorry that Joyce has taken another downturn. She has been thru so much! It breaks my heart seeing sad updates like this. Thanks for letting us know, Ina.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-15-2014 06:41 AM
I'm sorry Ina. It has been a long hard fought battle.
I too hope Joyce gets adequate pain relief and is treated with dignity and respect.
Tammy
Posted By: donfoo Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-15-2014 08:56 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed, Ina. Hopefully they can get better results to manage the pain and provide her more comfort. There is no reason to suffer unnecessarily with the medications available.

Don
Posted By: Ina Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-16-2014 01:23 AM
[quote=ChristineB]Im so sorry that Joyce has taken another downturn. She has been thru so much! It breaks my heart seeing sad updates like this. Thanks for letting us know, Ina. [/quote]

My husband does not have that much annual leave so we are contemplating if he can wait until March/April to visit his Mom. Is that too late? Can the cancer progress for the worst fast? Her oral cancer has not spread is confined to her oral cavity. She is not getting better but not getting worst. What is your advice?
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-16-2014 12:37 PM
I wish we could help you with a timetable but its not possible for anyone here to predict what will happen.

I hope Joyce is comfortable and not suffering. If there is hospice there that may be a good thing to have helping her.

Best wishes.
Posted By: Ina Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-16-2014 01:45 PM
I got her actual medications from her caregiver and I feel the medications are not sufficient.

Tramadol and paracetamol for pain - 37.5 mg
Stilnox 10 mg sleep aid.

So sad!!!

Posted By: Cheryld Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-16-2014 04:09 PM
The sleep aid may be what is making her tired along with the pain killers. Maybe they can give her something that will kill the pain but allow her some normalcy. hugs
Posted By: donfoo Re: Hanging in but very sick - 01-16-2014 10:45 PM
Ina,

Is hospice service available to her? One of their specialties is to consult on options to achieve more comfort and less pain.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum