Posted By: GulfCoast Things a head and neck patient will never say - 11-08-2013 12:55 AM
-I can't wait to get out to the beach and even out my neck tan.

-I could eat peanut butter crackers all day long.

-I'm going to buy some lottery tickets because I am a big fan of small percentage events happening.

-I think I'll take up smoking

-Doc are you sure 3 cisplatin treatments is enough?

-Waiter take this back. I ordered Thai hot.

Sorry, feeling a little punchy today.
Posted By: n74tg Re: Things a head and neck patient will never say - 11-08-2013 01:45 AM
How about:
No I ordered potato chips with my steak, not mashed potatoes.

No, I won't be needing anything to drink with that sandwich.
Posted By: n74tg Re: Things a head and neck patient will never say - 11-08-2013 03:38 AM
Taste buds, we don't need no steenkin taste buds.
Dry sawdust tastes just fine.
Hang on a second, let me brush my hair.
Posted By: KP5 Re: Things a head and neck patient will never say - 11-08-2013 04:02 PM
You guys crack me up...but sadly it's so true. Kevin's would be "I would love a three scoop Sunday with hot fudge, thanks!"
Posted By: PaulB Re: Things a head and neck patient will never say - 11-08-2013 04:47 PM
It's only small cancer.
Thanks all. Got a chuckle out of the replies. Definitely needed a little laugh. smile

The only thing we're missing is some Chuck Norris.

When Chuck Norris goes to the infusion center the Cisplatin get nauseous.
Love this thread <3

"Can I please keep this snug cozy mask on a little longer?"
I would just rather wait and see.
Talking like this is better cause chicks dig it.
This is just to sweet for my liking.
Wow. I'm going to have a big plate of nachos with melted pepper jack cheese.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that uses humor like this. Once my tongue healed from my surgery I noticed that it had started growing hair on the graft. Instead of freaking out or trying to hide it I started telling everyone "now whenever I want to feel the wind in my hair all I have to do is whistle."
Posted By: KP5 Re: Things a head and neck patient will never say - 11-11-2013 12:21 AM
LOL....
How about: "Yes, I'll have fries with that."
"There's too much sauce on this"

"What's the gist, physicist?" Seriously, just try and say it, it's impossible.
How about. . .I just love licking all of those Christmas card envelopes around this time of year.

"My turn to lick the beaters!"

"I can tie this cherry stem in a knot..."
"Bet I can spit farther than you!"....
Posted By: n74tg Re: Things a head and neck patient will never say - 11-19-2013 12:27 PM
Wonderful additions, laughed so hard it made my belly hurt.
"Im going to teach my daughter to click her tongue"

She will be one in two weeks, and I love hearing her click her tongue even thought I wasn't the one to teach her how to do it. smile
I needed this today. Thanks!
So very cute!
A few more:

"I'll just whistle for a cab..."

"Yum, crackers"

"I love the automated call centres where you say the topic you want"...

I think I tried to say "statement inquiries" 5 times before I wanted to strangle the computer bitch who kept responding "sorry, I didn't catch that". Stop putting "s" "t" "k" and "r" sounds in every damn topic!
Tine - you made me laugh because, I get the same reaction with "Siri" on my iPhone! - And I'm not even a cancer survivor (only the CG). I articulate my words very carefully, speak slowly, talk in a normal voice, or shout but she always repeats what she thinks I said and it is so way off base that I'm beginning to wonder if it could be my former status as a "Canuck" from Quebec! Next time I have a discussion with "Siri", I am going to write down her responses. Or maybe Siri is a lovely Southern gal and I still have some Yankee remnants in my background.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum