Posted By: Deejer47 Worry Wart - 02-25-2010 05:11 PM
So here I am stressing about tuesday's PET scan. Why would I be concerned when I know for sure that it will be clear, just as the last 3 have been? Only one explanation, I'm a worry wart. I never used to consider myself a worry wart. I always figured "whatever comes along, I'll deal with it then". But now, I've had a sore throat for the past few weeks which is no doubt due to the fact that alergy season is here (the almond orchards are in bloom, pretty to look at but miserable for allergies) And Dr. Yuh, my RO did a scope last week and said my throat looks fine, but still, there's that nagging thought..
Also there's been a sore spot on the side of my tongue the past few days that is no doubt due to rubbing against the rather rough molar filling on that side but still, I'm worried about that. I'm two years past treatments now with hopefully SOME years yet to come but a guy can drive himself crazy worrying about every little thing wrong. Guess I'd better get used to being a worry wart.
Posted By: walknlite Re: Worry Wart - 02-25-2010 08:18 PM
You are not alone. I am a worry wart as well. I have been told that the farther out you get the better. I just can not get farther out. Can I join your club? I know your PET scan will come back clear.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Worry Wart - 02-26-2010 12:57 AM
Worrying is part of the game. Unfortunately, it never goes away. We all do it.

I would suggest getting that filling polished. Even in retirement, you can't take the dentist out of me.

Good luck witht the PET..
Posted By: misskate Re: Worry Wart - 02-26-2010 02:46 AM
I know-- everytime I got hte flu or felt a sore throat coming on right out of treatment I would freak out too. I still do sometiems but now I knwo that the likelyhood of anything happening is less and less with each year that goes by.

Will be thinking of you and praying that you get the all clear!

K
Posted By: homershoney Re: Worry Wart - 02-27-2010 06:01 AM
hi, im teresa and im a worry wart...this IS the worry wart club thread right?!
Posted By: Carmen M Re: Worry Wart - 02-27-2010 06:15 AM
And there is no 12 step program that is successsful for us worryaholics.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Worry Wart - 02-27-2010 11:26 PM
Yes there is. You go bury your head in the sand.

There is no use worrying. It won't make anything bad better and it very well can have a negative impact on other aspects of your life. Let your doctors do the worrying for you. You see them often enough that if something bad is going on, it will most likely be caught early. If they miss something, you will most likely catch it yourself. As long as you are not indulging in behavior that it likely to cause a reoccurence, you are not helping yourselves by worrying. Here's hoping it is not cancer, but until you are told it is, try not to stress out too much.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Worry Wart - 03-03-2010 07:35 PM
As I posted on Facebook, the scan was clear. What I didn't say (because some of my co workers are FB friends and I don't want any rumors at work) is that it also says there is some activity in the nodes of the right neck (where I had cancer before). Now what the heck does that mean. There are cells that are more active than other cells I guess. Isn't that what cancer does. Well the people who read these things think it's nothing to worry about so I guess I just go with that. I just wish they wouldn't throw in such cryptic info. I see my new oncologist (He took over Dr. Keech's practice) in 2 weeks. Just add this to the list of questions with which to bombard him.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum