Posted By: gmas very scared... - 11-24-2009 01:43 AM
i have had pain from my left eye all the way to my neck for a week and just Sat I noticed red patches/leasions on back/sides of left side of tongue..have used (and quit...and restarted...and quit...)snuff and alcohol all my adult life (I am 45r old male) and am scared to death....I saw a Doc today and have CT and ENT scheduled but of course it will all be done over the holiday...any good forums/sites to help me get thru the week until the results are in...sadly I tend to focus on the negative and am looking for some positive energy. You all participating on this site are angels in my mind!
Posted By: walknlite Re: very scared... - 11-24-2009 03:29 AM
I will keep you in my prayers. You have come the right place for support. Maybe others will have some advice for you. It is okay to be scared.
Posted By: August Re: very scared... - 11-24-2009 05:00 AM
Gmas....try to put yourself in "neutral," as hard as that might be. Be as busy as possible. Remind yourself that it's not cancer until the tests prove that it is.....And if it is, you can be guaranteed of advice and comfort here. And if it is NOT, you can be guaranteed of rejoicing from those here!! Either way, you have our prayers, and we hope that you'll report back when you get some results......and write anytime. We've all been there, and it's not a nice place to be!! XO
Posted By: EricS Re: very scared... - 11-24-2009 11:59 AM
Colleen said it best, it's not cancer until your medical professional says it is (she's so smart!). Relax, enjoy your holidays and put it the furthest from your mind until you get your results back. This is easier said then done but look at this time as a time to realize how fragile and short life is...so go do the things you want to do and love on the people you love.

1) Get off the tobacco products NOW
2) Stop drinking NOW

If it is cancer, it doesn't mean it's an automatic death sentence. Hell I went in with a tooth ache and came out with stage 4 cancer....almost 2 years later I'm still breathin, lovin on my wife and kids and have just started my own company.

Keep us updated and use all of the information this site provides. If you find that it is cancer do yourself a favor and seek the finest medical help out there to give you your best chance.

Good luck my friend and welcome to OCF
Posted By: davidcpa Re: very scared... - 11-24-2009 03:35 PM
I was also a Stage IV and I'm over 3 years past my treatment and am almost as great as I was before. lol
Posted By: EzJim Re: very scared... - 12-22-2009 05:30 AM
gmas, I would say you are in the site for continual conversation and advice,. Most of us will be checking in the Forums like anyother day. I check in the AM and then late in the evening. There is always something new that is helpful.
Posted By: EzJim Re: very scared... - 12-22-2009 05:36 AM
gmas, I do have to add this. Go with the positive attitude and I would bet it will make life so much better and smoother. I hear every Sundy how great I look and that if I had teeth I would be another face in the croud, It helps me with this attitude and I just let it roll off of me to whoever is in need. I'm just an upbeat type of person and let it shine thru. Oh yes I have worried a couple of times, but my friends and family in the forums straightened me out within a day or so.
Posted By: EricS Re: very scared... - 12-23-2009 05:11 PM
I'll say it...Jim rocks!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: very scared... - 12-24-2009 02:30 AM
Best of luck with your upcoming tests. It can be agony waiting for test results. The only way to tell if its cancer would be a biopsy. What did the biopsy from last year show?
Posted By: homershoney Re: very scared... - 12-24-2009 05:19 PM
christine said it, the wait for test results is very hard, the time drags. hopefully u can stay busy with the holiday and it will pass faster. keep ur chin up and i will be praying for u.
i would say try not to worry...but im gonna say stay positive and try not to worry too much.
teresa
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum