Posted By: mghester What do you think? - 09-13-2005 01:56 PM
for those that have had a selected neck dissection,i am having one on sept 21. my wife and i planned a long weekend with the kids for a getaway after my radiation(ended jul5.)now they say i need the surgery and we have a trip to disney world oct7-10 on a planned teachers workdays. is 2weeks and 2 days enough recovery time from this if there are no complications? am i crazy to want to do this so soon after my surgery. my doctor says it should be o k as long as i don't lift anything. what does everyone think?
Posted By: helen.c Re: What do you think? - 09-13-2005 05:19 PM
you will be more tired than you think, but two weeks, um.. staples, stitches ect should be out. Dont plan on walking far and expect to nap in the afternoon, enjoy... you will be fine, I see you are going to disney, book one of their wheelchairs, it will get you to the front of the queue, the kids will like that...
Sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Cathy G Re: What do you think? - 09-13-2005 06:39 PM
I had surgery first, then radiation starting a month later, so that may be a factor in my healing time from surgery. Along with the neck dissection I had a partial glossectomy, and I was feeling pretty well within a couple of weeks (well enough to go back to work at that point).

Cathy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum