Posted By: helen.c tracheal stenosis - 02-10-2005 05:15 PM
Well now I know...Nose Scope today...
Have been told today need two operations to CURE the probems caused by my surgery. one the trachie has narrrowed my trachea, so they are going to try to laser the narrowed area, (could still return, and good chance they will chip my front teeth, and a small chance the trachie will have to go back!) And just to be different they have damaged one of my vocal cords, so that will need surgery at a later date.. GREAT.. WHO THOUGHT UP SIDE EFFECTS... So it explains my breathlessness and my inability to laugh without choking.. Still no one said red wine had anything to do with it! ! !
Sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Eileen Re: tracheal stenosis - 02-10-2005 06:57 PM
Oh Helen,
WHAT NEXT? I am so sorry to hear you are having all these problems. Did they ever explain any of this to you beforehand, not that that makes it any better. Did they explain how this laser surgery would work? Is this scar tissue from when the trach closed? How complicated is this surgery and what is your down time? I'm hanging in there for you and sending good vibes your way. Have an extra wine tonight. You deserve it.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: tracheal stenosis - 02-10-2005 07:39 PM
Wow, Helen, sometimes it just doesn't stop! You are in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully these surgeries will be minor and very helpful. Let's both have red wine tonite!
Love,
Debbie
Posted By: KirkGeorgia Re: tracheal stenosis - 02-11-2005 08:52 AM
Helen, you are so positive. Seeing the red wine at the center of the cloud is just like you. You tickle my funny bone. You are an amazing person, thanks for your positive outlook and message. Will pray for your comfort and support.
Posted By: Carol L Re: tracheal stenosis - 02-11-2005 10:47 AM
Helen, you truly are an amazing person!! Love your positive outlook!!!Enjoy your weekend! Love, Carol
Posted By: maz334 Re: tracheal stenosis - 02-11-2005 03:52 PM
helen, sorry to hear ur having probs it never rains but it pours chin up and stay possitive as u do best regards maz
Posted By: helen.c Re: tracheal stenosis - 02-13-2005 05:18 AM
Thanks everyone, for your best wishes.
Eileen, no one told me about these side effects, and yes, it is scar tissue that need to be removed, hopefully only a few days in hospital, just hope that it works 1st time and doesn't require a few goes! ! !
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Marica Re: tracheal stenosis - 02-13-2005 06:36 PM
Dear Helen
You are having a time of it girl.
I think a bucket of Red wine might be in order, it goes without saying that we are all pulling for you and sending you all these great big vibes.
Hang in Helen , its got to get better soon.
Love
Marica
Posted By: JOAN Re: tracheal stenosis - 02-15-2005 04:20 PM
Helen
You are very positive, it makes all of us smile. Hey girl put a nipple on that bottle and enjoy!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum