Posted By: maritisio What can cause Dysplasia In young man ? - 05-26-2018 09:32 AM
Hello , Can anyone tell me what can cause Dysplasia in mouth when we are young ?

My Dr told me that Dysplasia in young patient is not from Genetic but From Tabacco, Alcohol or HPV
Then He told me that If I Have genetic predisposition to cancer, I"ll Have cancer and not dysplasia

What do you think about that รน?
Posted By: ChristineB Re: What can cause Dysplasia In young man ? - 05-26-2018 03:21 PM
The Oral Cancer Foundation (OCF) is comprised of oral cancer (OC) patients/survivors and caregivers. We discuss primarily oral cancer, treatments, recovery, etc. Since we do not have medical professionals guiding our discussions we are not experienced or qualified to second guess what advice doctors (who have years of school, clinical patient experience, complete medical histories, and the patient in front of them) give to their patients. There are very few members who have oral cancer caused from dysplasia. Regardless of the cause treatment is the same for all OC patients. Its unlikely that even those who have had dysplasia have learned much about it as OC is a potentially deadly disease making it much more important to understand than something that is not life threatening.

OCF's online patient support public forum focuses on OC, not on something that only 7-10% of people who have been diagnosed will ever have their dysplasia turn into cancer. Why does this happen? This is something medical professionals would answer. This link has some info from our main OCF site. That may help answer some of your concerns. You can also put dysplasia into the search box and read other posts about dysplasia. If you have further questions, its best to go to the best resource... your doctor.

Main OCF Site, premalignant lesions

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum